2017 NHL Playoffs

Noeller

39 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Well at least you'll still have the Patriots to bring you post-season joy!

They have helped me cope with the Bombers Grey Cup drought!  Gonna be brutal when Brady finally retires.  Maybe by then the Bombers will win.  And maybe the Jets will make the playoffs and actually win a series or four.  A man can dream. :)

On 2017-04-10 at 10:26 AM, Noeller said:

Boston one of the hottest teams in the league going into playoffs...Sens one of the worst. Seems like a HUGE upset to pick the Sens over B's........

Nailed it.

My conference finals are screwed though. Little bit mad at myself about the Habs pick. I've thought all season that the wild card team out of the metro would go through that division, then I pick against it in the pool.

My bracket just so effed.....have no clue how Ottawa got by Boston. And Boston was AWFUL....they musta spent everything just getting in to playoffs. Yikes. I had Columbus, Boston and Montreal all going forward.....Christ.

Couldn't be happier for all the homers and talking heads of TSN/sportsnet to be shut up for the rest of the year. The leafs had a decent run but there's no guarantee they still 99% healthy like they did this year. They're an exciting young team but it's hard to like them with all the daily TSN bullcrap biased articles and constant leaf info shoved down our gullets. That said, go ottawa!

Capitals had numerous close scoring chances in the third period, specially Kuznetzoff.  (sp)

Holtby was good too, but Leafs goalie was what kept them in the game, I thought.

And the game winner, the leaf D man was a spectator as the guy went  around him , in, and scored. got some defence problems.

But Mathews, that guy appears to be a real team leader.

Leafs are going to be good next few years.

I disike the city of Toronto as much as anyone, but I don't mind a Canadian hockey team being good.

Edited by Mark F
edit

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

Capitals had numerous close scoring chances in the third period, specially Kuznetzoff.  (sp)

Holtby was good too, but Leafs goalie was what kept them in the game, I thought.

And the game winner, the leaf D man was a spectator as the guy went  around him , in, and scored. got some defence problems.

But Mathews, that guy appears to be a real team leader.

Leafs are going to be good next few years.

Just wait until they sign Tavares.  Ugh.

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

My bracket just so effed.....have no clue how Ottawa got by Boston. And Boston was AWFUL....they musta spent everything just getting in to playoffs. Yikes. I had Columbus, Boston and Montreal all going forward.....Christ.

alot of people had MTL going forward, I never had Boston going forward

23 hours ago, Judd said:

Couldn't be happier for all the homers and talking heads of TSN/sportsnet to be shut up for the rest of the year. The leafs had a decent run but there's no guarantee they still 99% healthy like they did this year. They're an exciting young team but it's hard to like them with all the daily TSN bullcrap biased articles and constant leaf info shoved down our gullets. That said, go ottawa!

yup go Ottawa. To all my fellow poolies that laughed at me as I loaded up on Senators, I say good day sirs.  Good day!

On 4/24/2017 at 6:09 AM, Noeller said:

next year call me.  I'd have set you straight.  Definitely on how bad Boston is anyway. And there was no way Columbus was beating Pittsburgh.

ducks fans whining already

"That's what they do. Call the Ducks early. Then decide to put away the whistle when they could use a call.

I'd love to see Lucic get a whack in that ugly ****ing mug

and so on. "Canadian team" slams.

(Jets need a player like Lucic.)

Edited by Mark F

"Call the Ducks early".........the Ducks were called on about half the things they coulda been called on. The amount of after-the-whistle slashing and spearing from Kesler, Perry and Getlaf was just gross. I have a lotta respect for Ryan Getzlaf as a hockey player, but man, he's a dirty prick...a dirty prick you love to have on your team, but a dirty prick nonetheless....

11 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Even without his on-ice stuff, as soon as he named his kid Ryder, he instantly became a player I could never cheer for!

as an aside, I play slopitch with a ridiculous Riders fan who did the same thing. On top of that, though.....he's also a Habs fan. He's just the worst person on the planet (....actually he's a really great guy and a phenomenal ball player....) 

I maintain any parents who raise their kids with a love of absolutely despicable franchises/players should have CFS called on them. Every time I see a kid in an Ovechkin jersey tee, I think I should phone CFS.....that's disgusting.

Edited by Noeller

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

"Call the Ducks early".........the Ducks were called on about half the things they coulda been called on. The amount of after-the-whistle slashing and spearing from Kesler, Perry and Getlaf was just gross. I have a lotta respect for Ryan Getzlaf as a hockey player, but man, he's a dirty prick...a dirty prick you love to have on your team, but a dirty prick nonetheless....

It must be incredibly hard to not punch Perry and Kesler in the mouth every time they come within arms length.