2017 NHL Playoffs

Noeller

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

"Call the Ducks early".........the Ducks were called on about half the things they coulda been called on. The amount of after-the-whistle slashing and spearing from Kesler, Perry and Getlaf was just gross. I have a lotta respect for Ryan Getzlaf as a hockey player, but man, he's a dirty prick...a dirty prick you love to have on your team, but a dirty prick nonetheless....

and at the end of the game Kassian gave Kessler a little whack just to let him know he was there and a scrum starts and Getzlaf comes in but as soon as a bigger guy turns to him he's gone, then re-enters trying to be a big man to Sekera... yeah pick on the guy half your size who wouldn't fight if his life depended on it, but nowhere to be seen when there's a real challenge. I think it's safe to say the Oilers got into the Ducks heads that game. Ducks tried to intimidate them but it didn't work. 

watching that ducks oilers game yesterday it was reminding me of when we played the ducks in the first round a few years ago but roles reversed. Anaheim was flying hard at the start of the game,  while the oilers were sitting back and trying to slow the pace.  by the end of the game,  oilers turned it up a notch and anaheim couldn't keep up.  Seems like that's what Anaheim used to do and certainly did versus us with those come from behind wins

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

and at the end of the game Kassian gave Kessler a little whack just to let him know he was there and a scrum starts and Getzlaf comes in but as soon as a bigger guy turns to him he's gone, then re-enters trying to be a big man to Sekera... yeah pick on the guy half your size who wouldn't fight if his life depended on it, but nowhere to be seen when there's a real challenge. I think it's safe to say the Oilers got into the Ducks heads that game. Ducks tried to intimidate them but it didn't work. 

I hope before the end of this series that someone on the Oilers has beaten the living pee-pee out of Kesler.  I think my head might explode in ecstasy.

Just now, Floyd said:

Oilers too fast for Ducks... I think they take it in six. Lucic, Kassian in their top 9 is more toughness than Jets or Calgary had - Oilers won't be bullied. 

and Maroon.  The Tri-fecta.  The Oilers can put a bruiser out on every line to skate with mini-me's like Eberle, the Nuge and Deharnais.  That's the key.

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

and Maroon.  The Tri-fecta.  The Oilers can put a bruiser out on every line to skate with mini-me's like Eberle, the Nuge and Deharnais.  That's the key.

Jets need to be doing that...  but who's our 'enforcers'?  Lowry and Wheeler?

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

RNH is over 6' and one of the toughest guys out there. He's had this weird reputation as being soft ever since junior and I'm not exactly sure why people think that. He is a big solid kid who doesn't get pushed around. Probably been their best C these playoffs, and that's on a team with McJesus... 

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

RNH is over 6' and one of the toughest guys out there. He's had this weird reputation as being soft ever since junior and I'm not exactly sure why people think that. He is a big solid kid who doesn't get pushed around. Probably been their best C these playoffs, and that's on a team with McJesus... 

the best C with only one point.  Seriously.

watched useless desperation reach around from behind with stick move by Orpik 44 as Penguin skated by him to score winning goal last night.

This reminded me of some Jets defencemen who often seem to be in the same position and use the same usless move.

18 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

the best C with only one point.  Seriously.

Yes actually. Guy has done a good job taking on the top matchup and coming out ahead. The lack of points is more a case of just not having chances go in because that line probably has the most zone time of any for the Oilers at 5 on 5. 

Also, he might be 6'1 but he's still skinny so when Noeller calls him a big kid it's not really true, he's slighter than a lot of guys, but still has a bit of an edge to his game. Not ever going to be a bit hitter or a physical threat but he's willing to stick his nose in the greasy areas. 

42 minutes ago, Mark F said:

These west coast games start too late. get off my lawn.

Go Oilers!

Duh-ks are the only NHL team I really dislike.

ugh tell me about it, thank god today is friday, I can stay up and watch this game until the oilers start sucking, or until I can't keep my eyes open anymore whichever comes first