2017 NHL Playoffs

Noeller

15 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Yes actually. Guy has done a good job taking on the top matchup and coming out ahead. The lack of points is more a case of just not having chances go in because that line probably has the most zone time of any for the Oilers at 5 on 5. 

Also, he might be 6'1 but he's still skinny so when Noeller calls him a big kid it's not really true, he's slighter than a lot of guys, but still has a bit of an edge to his game. Not ever going to be a bit hitter or a physical threat but he's willing to stick his nose in the greasy areas. 

I believe I said "he's solid", and he is. He is a lot tougher than people give him credit for. He's not Lucic big, but he's a solid kid. Ever since junior, people have been calling him a puss, and that if you hit him, he'll go away. Simply not true. He gives as good as he gets. 

On 2017-04-27 at 9:37 AM, 17to85 said:

Getzlaf comes in but as soon as a bigger guy turns to him he's gone, then re-enters trying to be a big man to Sekera...

Think I  saw a gif of that.

What an A hole move that was. The little guy was actually looking frightened. Then he laughed.

intimidating a little guy..... something only a bully would do.

Oilers fans seem to think the goalie stole that one.

Edited by Mark F

I think we're seeing the end of the San Jose and Washington core.  Both teams have managed to keep the same cast of characters together for years now and it's just been years of failure.  I thought with Letang out and having played a long playoffs and WC of Hockey that the Pens would be tired, and this would be Washington's year.  With that pathetic showing last night, it's clear, Ovechkin isn't a leader, the Caps have no character and changes need to be made.  

Now Ottawa, there's a team with character.  Wow.

21 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Now Ottawa, there's a team with character.  Wow.

How could you not be inspired playing with Clarke MacCurther and Craig Anderson... that team certainly looks like they have something to play for...

20 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

EDM/PIT final? Makes that one current hockey mag look good in prediction.

Something about Nash tho...

Bang on... don't sleep on Nashville... Edmonton might get past Anaheim... but Nashville looks like the team to beat right now...

10 hours ago, bearpants said:

Bang on... don't sleep on Nashville... Edmonton might get past Anaheim... but Nashville looks like the team to beat right now...

Yee Hah!

Looking forward to  seeing the Stanley Cup on the Grand ole Opry stage!