2017 NHL Playoffs

Noeller

16 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Really?  I'm more bothered by the people who get a local team and continue to cheer for someone else.  Like now that the Jets are back and some people still identify as Leafs/Habs/Flyers fans around Winnipeg.

Why does that bother you?

Of course, the biggest piss off, are people who are born and raised during the tenure of the team, but cheer for another one anyhow. That **** drives me BONKERS.......also, people who let their kids be Ovechkin fans and let them wear his jerseys/shirseys.......ugh. Call CFS on those people...

37 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Cheer for the home team dammit!!

That isn't some hard and fast rule, though. And I'd imagine some have been fans of those teams since there was a pro hockey team in Winnipeg. My late grandfather was a diehard Red Wings fan his entire life.

What I don't understand is younger people who are fans of non-hometown teams. Leafs fans below the age of 40 who live in Winnipeg confuse the hell outta me.

6 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

That isn't some hard and fast rule, though. And I'd imagine some have been fans of those teams since there was a pro hockey team in Winnipeg. My late grandfather was a diehard Red Wings fan his entire life.

What I don't understand is younger people who are fans of non-hometown teams. Leafs fans below the age of 40 who live in Winnipeg confuse the hell outta me.

Rule?  There are no rules in fandom, only opinions.

Winnipeg is a unique case because we didn't have a team for 15 years.  If you were 10 or younger when the Jets left, you probably didn't have much of a connection to them.  So those people find a team they like in their teenage years or early 20s and there you go.  That's what I did.  But as soon as the Jets came back I was all-in.

9 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Same people who dont have cable tv or sub to paper news.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

It's not even that they play boring hockey, it's just that they're a totally unlikeable team with an easy to hate fan base. Every one of those fans (born before 1991) is a former Leafs fan that converted. I hate that ****...

They were supposed to remain Leafs fans after their city got its own team? Well ok then. 

9 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

They were supposed to remain Leafs fans after their city got its own team? Well ok then. 

I don't tolerate bandwagon jumpers............... (....please ignore my love of the Chicago Blackhawks after they drafted JT....)

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Rule?  There are no rules in fandom, only opinions.

Winnipeg is a unique case because we didn't have a team for 15 years.  If you were 10 or younger when the Jets left, you probably didn't have much of a connection to them.  So those people find a team they like in their teenage years or early 20s and there you go.  That's what I did.  But as soon as the Jets came back I was all-in.

not necessarily, While I cheered the Jets on and went to games (and got painted up for the white outs) I still had an Ed Belfour Poster hanging in my room and had more chicago stuff over the years then Jets. If anything the Jets folding only waned my interest in the NHL and soon after the bombers took it's place.  Still haven't really come around back to the NHL since 1.0 died

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

I don't tolerate bandwagon jumpers............... (....please ignore my love of the Chicago Blackhawks after they drafted JT....)

Next you'll tell us you call him 'a good Mennonite boy' you having worked for Golden West & all...

1 minute ago, JCon said:

I think it's a bad decision to put Murray in. Fluery has played so well and the players love him and want to win for him.

I think this kills them and the Sens win the series.

I would have stuck with Fleury for a few reasons.  One, you want to have your players back and not say one poor game and you're done. Secondly, Fluery usually bounces back in a big way from disappointing games.  And Thirdly, by all accounts Fleury is a big time favorite of the Pens players and I think you'd see them rally around him.

On the other hand, Murray is really good and has been waiting for this opportunity.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The injuries are going to kill them.  What a shame.  If Pens were healthy I think they'd march to the finals virtually unscathed.

You just can't replace your best puck moving defenders when they go down - those guys are pure gold in today's hockey (see Karlsson, Erik)

They can always march next year - the Caps have proven themselves irrelevant for once and for all.  

36 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Writing off the Pens so soon?  I'd bet dollars to donuts they win tonight.

Well, if they play better than Wednesday, maybe. But is a goalie change going to make a difference? The Penguins' lack of speed seemed to hinder them more than anything in game 3.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Writing off the Pens so soon?  I'd bet dollars to donuts they win tonight.

I really hope so. They couldn't possibly play worse than they did in gm 3. It's hard to understand how a team can no-show for a game at this point in the playoffs.

Maata and Sheary need to get their heads out of their asses and help out a little. They're guys who are supposed to be counted on, but they've been worse than passengers. They're hurting the team when they're on the ice.