2017 NHL Playoffs

Noeller

could only watch that chopfest for five minutes. I know a bunch of people think its the peak of exciting. to me, it's not.

To be perfectly honest with you, I predicted that the Penguins would win, but out of modesty I refrained from thus posting.

I now prognosticate that the Penguins will win this series. Sheer determination, and pissed offness.

But with all the hurt players, I  forecast that the Penguins will not beat the winner of the ducks or the predators.

:lol:

Edited by Mark F

Sens vs Pens soon Put those penguins on the brink guys, so that on tuesday you can #FinishEm

you know I bet the Habs fans are gonna be so pissed If Subban wins with Nashville just like how the Nords fans got pissed when the Avs won the cup after moving to Denver

Nashville knocks our Anaheim without their top 2 centres... Pitt on their way there with an AHL defense*.... people will talk about needing depth and coaching etc to win... to me, it says the NHL season is way too damn long... imagine the Stanley Cup finals in April when most teams are relatively healthy...

*I may be exaggerating this one a bit... 

25 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Nashville knocks our Anaheim without their top 2 centres... Pitt on their way there with an AHL defense*.... people will talk about needing depth and coaching etc to win... to me, it says the NHL season is way too damn long... imagine the Stanley Cup finals in April when most teams are relatively healthy...

*I may be exaggerating this one a bit... 

Its always nice to have fully healthy teams in the Cup but how often does that happen?  But this shows depth, good coaching, an ability by certain players to rise above adversity.  Oh and goaltending.  Great great goaltending.

6 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Its always nice to have fully healthy teams in the Cup but how often does that happen?  But this shows depth, good coaching, an ability by certain players to rise above adversity.  Oh and goaltending.  Great great goaltending.

That is exactly the point I was making... I guess, I just stop caring about hockey by time June rolls around... would be nice if the playoffs were earlier in the year...

3 minutes ago, bearpants said:

That is exactly the point I was making... I guess, I just stop caring about hockey by time June rolls around... would be nice if the playoffs were earlier in the year...

Yeah cut season by 12.

For that matter the CFL needs to start earlier too. June 1st, come on already.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

10 minutes ago, bearpants said:

A shorter regular season and earlier start for the playoffs would be nice, even by a few weeks.

3 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

A shorter regular season and earlier start for the playoffs would be nice, even by a few weeks.

Totally agree... but less regular season games, means less money for owners... which means that will never happen! :D

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Keep 82 games  but start two weeks earlier.

Yes.  It's not perfect, but a major improvement.

In my opinion the biggest problem is the Cup finals are about to start and most Canadian hockey fans are done.  Myself included.

It's finally warm out.  Most people are ready to start doing things outside over finishing up month 8 of the NHL season..