Orridge to Step Down as Commissioner

Jimmy Pop

55 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

For me, the next Commisioner absolutely has to have a complete knowledge of the CFL. A passion even. It starts there. Of course he has to have a brain, and be personable, but if you're not familiar with the nuances of our league, you just won't get it.

According to 3 Down Football, Orridge didn't take a lot of interest in the actual everyday workings of the CFL. He was more focused on the marketing side than the football side & after 2 years it really showed with all of the off & onfield problems. That just isn't right to concentrate on one side of the league at the expense of the other & like Mr Dee said, he just didn't get it. What a freaking waste hiring Orridge. Glad he's gone. He may have been the worst Commissioner we ever had. Worse even than that grumpy old bald guy they hired back in the early 90's. I think his name was Donald Crump if I'm not mistaken. There was a guy every camera mic hated. Crump The Grump.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Best person for the commissioner's job has to be Pinball, if he would take it. He's charismatic, everyone loves him. Has played and coached in the league at a high level and has been involved in management of a team that desperately needs to get back on track in a market that the league needs to get jump started. He also is an excellent decision maker. I really think there is no better person for that job and the time is right.

9 hours ago, Noeller said:

Rod Pedersen in full Rod Pedersen mode: Saying that the names he's "hearing the most" in regard to next commish are a bunch of ******* Riders homers. Glen Suitor, Jim Hopson, Scott Schultz......oi vey.

Well he is in the rider echo chamber so I would believe the names he hears are rider related names

On 4/14/2017 at 9:51 AM, Noeller said:

Rod Pedersen in full Rod Pedersen mode: Saying that the names he's "hearing the most" in regard to next commish are a bunch of ******* Riders homers. Glen Suitor, Jim Hopson, Scott Schultz......oi vey.

No Chris Szarka?  He was a better player than Mike Sellers, you know.

19 hours ago, Y2C said:

No Chris Szarka?  He was a better player than Mike Sellers, you know.

hahaha, that's always been one of my favourite riderfan delusions... I have a good friend who is a Riders fan and I remember he used to try and convince me of that... I usually just laughed... 

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

hahaha, that's always been one of my favourite riderfan delusions... I have a good friend who is a Riders fan and I remember he used to try and convince me of that... I usually just laughed... 

My favourite was a rider fan friend of Noellers trying to explain to me while we were drinking that Nealon Greene was just as good as Khari Jones.