2011 CFL re-draft

Floyd

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

Sinopoli should be first overall in a re-draft - what team doesn't want a Cdn 1000 yard receiver...

Coehoorn should be in top 10

Crazy how the talent completely dropped off after the first 12 in that draft.

the value to be had in the draft is sky rocketing. I cant imagine how it could be in 5 years from now. 

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

Ferguson's 2011 draft...  http://www.cfl.ca/2017/04/21/shuffling-deck-2011-cfl-re-draft/

No love for JFG!!!  Our starting receiver can't even beat out retired guys...  Is it the hair?

JFG was/is a player who made me crazy. Spectacular catches at critical times followed by long stretches of ,,,,nothing. I really don't know what to make of him.

5 hours ago, tracker said:

JFG was/is a player who made me crazy. Spectacular catches at critical times followed by long stretches of ,,,,nothing. I really don't know what to make of him.

Only because he's the forgotten man in the offense. Whenever he's targeted he makes the catch 9/10 times. Criminally underrated. 

On 4/23/2017 at 1:09 PM, Floyd said:

Sinopoli should be first overall in a re-draft - what team doesn't want a Cdn 1000 yard receiver...

That should be a no-brainer... with the benefit of hindsight how can one possibly rank Parker and Ianuzzi ahead of Sinopoli??

2016 stats:
Sinopoli - 90 catches for 1036 yards and 4 TDs
Parker and Ianuzzi combined - 80 catches for 1014 yards and 4 TDs

Even more impressive: Sinopoli made that yardage playing alongside ball sponges like Ellingson, Jackson, and Williams.  He wasn't just a checkdown or a guy who keeps the wideside corner honest, he was a legit threat on a team with probably the best receiving corps since ... I dunno when. 

Be interesting to see how he does now that the redblacks receiving corps is diminished. Those guys opened up a lot of space for each other.

7 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Even more impressive: Sinopoli made that yardage playing alongside ball sponges like Ellingson, Jackson, and Williams.  He wasn't just a checkdown or a guy who keeps the wideside corner honest, he was a legit threat on a team with probably the best receiving corps since ... I dunno when. 

Be interesting to see how he does now that the redblacks receiving corps is diminished. Those guys opened up a lot of space for each other.

They also lost their Hall of Fame QB.  Though he wasn't good enough to play for the Bombers from 2014 right up until he won the Grey Cup in 2016 so maybe that won't make a difference.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

We didn't say no to him, we just did not offer him the 465,000 per year that Ottawa did.

Effectively the same as saying no.  Instead we went cheap and unproven. 

Don't get me wrong I'm happy with where we ended up QB wise... but if we sign Burris in 2014 we're talking about making the playoffs for the fourth straight year in 2017.