NHL Draft

Floyd

11 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

by the time Cal Foote is ready for prime time we'll be low on RHD too.  I think the Jets need to go and get some LHD in free agency to address the immediate needs.  And dump Enstrom's salary.

Well it's down to trading Myers or cutting Enstrom at this point before the expansion draft.

Bet they trade trouba or myers b4 the expansion draft or ask Toby to waive. 

1 of those will likely happen.  

As for the entry draft.... pick 13 

A decent player should be there. Heiskanen will go top 5. So Will glass. 

At 13... lhd valimaki and brannstrom and Hague are options.  Rhd Foote or even liljegren or Conor Timmins. You will probably even have a couple centers like Suzuki  (.01 ppg less than Hischier this year) (points per game) maybe a guy like Poehling and with Middlestadt saying he wants to finish his 4 yr degree at u of m (minny) he very well could fall to the Jets. 

Really tough draft to speculate on. I mean Hischier and Patrick will go 1 2... who goes first?  No idea but 3 to pretty much 31 is anyone's guess and every bodies mocks are so different.  

If I had to guess the top 5 I'll say 

1. Hischier 2. Patrick 3. Heiskanen 4. Vilardi 5. Glass 

I think You will see a run on centers also with the random d man thrown in... think Heiskanen to Dallas or Colorado makes lots of sense 

I hope that this lottery tho proves that tanking isn't the way to go. 

Team ranked 13 got pick 2. 

The other 2 were also outside the top 5. 

So next time you hope the Jets tank... keep in mind 1 or 2 more wins and we are in phillys 13th position and after the lottery picking 2nd.  

Not sure how anyone could feel for Colorado who have 3 top 3 picks on their team in Mackinnon 1 overall landeskog 2nd overall and Duchene 3rd overall. Vancouver? Lil bit but they tanked on purpose so I can't feel sorry for them 

Sucked most for Arizona tho... they dropped the most I think.... but can't feel for them cuz quite honestly they don't deserve to have a team 

Glass is very Scheifele like... strong work ethic and late blooming. I feel whoever takes him will be getting the best player from this draft in 3 or 4 seasons.  

Patrick or Hischier might be the best 2 right now but in a few years I'd put money on Glass being the better player 

Think Glass Heiskanen Brannstrom are the guys who may turn out to be the best players in this draft. Really hope one of Heiskanen or Brannstrom fall. 

Think Brannstrom will. Heiskanen? Not a chance.