MTS Centre - re-entry no longer allowed

Well, I'm not too pleased about it.

Hey, I get it's 2017, last thing I should expect as a smoker is special rules.  I like that we're moving past that in society.  It's time. 

My only issue is why couldn't they announce this, oh say a couple months ago, when Sales Reps were hounding us for new Ticket Purchase Agreements & payment confirmations?  Of course I'd never give up my seat because I can't go for a smoke anymore, but it would have been nice to know. 

Looking over my TPA in detail, amazing how ticket holders are bound to whatever new policies TNSE decides to inact, regarding anything, at anytime.

I've already messaged my rep asking them to please refrain from a "No Jimmy Pop's" policy. 

23 hours ago, Atomic said:

I don't recall ever leaving the MTS Centre during a Jets game or concert and re-entering.  I've gone to the attached Moxie's but I'm guessing this isn't included.  Maybe it is... I don't know, they neglect to mention that.

Pretty sure it would be - it's on the other side of where the tickets get scanned.

25 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Pretty sure it would be - it's on the other side of where the tickets get scanned.

Yeah I think you're right.  I've always had to scan my ticket in/out when going to Moxie's.  I wonder how Moxie's management feels about the change.  Or maybe they are owned by True North?

14 hours ago, Noeller said:

I dunno....my Twitter is exploding with Jets "fans" losing their **** over this. Huge fallout over it.....TNSE is hearing about it, trust me...

Won't make a difference.  If people don't like it they can give up their tickets to one of the thousands of people on the waiting list.

Yeah there's the usual push back from people that complain about everything.  Where do you need to go?  Do people leave a movie in the middle?  No one is holding you hostage - if you need to leave, leave.  If you dont want to go, dont go.  If there is a reasonable reason to leave, they will allow you to re-enter.

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yeah there's the usual push back from people that complain about everything.  Where do you need to go?  Do people leave a movie in the middle?  No one is holding you hostage - if you need to leave, leave.  If you dont want to go, dont go.  If there is a reasonable reason to leave, they will allow you to re-enter.

Two main reasons I've heard are smokers and people wanting to leave to get cheaper beer somewhere else between periods.

Boohoo.

yeah, the whole thing just seems asinine to me...I don't think I've ever left an arena in the middle of a game or concert. You go take a piss during the intermission, maybe grab a drink or some merch, and then back to your seat. 

I will admit that the last game we went to we did go to citi place during intermission to use the bathroom as it was actually much quicker.  Problem I guess I see is MTS has 15000 and a few hundred or so seats yet it's not really big enough to hold that many ppl... there are only so many bathrooms and so much space. 

I do think because a vocal minority will complain that they probably will find a spot for smokers. Like the bombers set up. It's possible to do that on Graham for sure. Just a temp fence set up thing. 

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Smokers shoukldnt be allowed to smoke on any private property.  I dont know what they do know, but if they let them group up right outside the doors, they should not.  And before anyone asks "well where am I supposed to smoke?"  The answer is your home, your car, dont.

TNSE still allow people to smoke at concerts :P