Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

Just now, Mike said:

The player has a choice in the matter too, you know.

Balderdash!

But, was Bennett offered a contract/opportunity with the Bombers? Presuming that they really wanted him, the Bombers could have gotten a deal done, no?

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Balderdash!

But, was Bennett offered a contract/opportunity with the Bombers? Presuming that they really wanted him, the Bombers could have gotten a deal done, no?

If I was trying to explain why (without knowing the truth) Bennett would sign in Saskatchewan instead of here, it's pretty easy to make the point that he's got a more direct route to more reps in Saskatchewan.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

If I was trying to explain why (without knowing the truth) Bennett would sign in Saskatchewan instead of here, it's pretty easy to make the point that he's got a more direct route to more reps in Saskatchewan.

And that makes sense from his point of view.

But would that really be a surprise to the Bombers? Were they really surprised that he left for Saskatchewan, given an opportunity?

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

And that makes sense from his point of view.

But would that really be a surprise to the Bombers? Were they really surprised that he left for Saskatchewan, given an opportunity?

I think it's safe to assume that the Bombers didn't want Bennett.

There was no surprise.  Saskatchewan didn't steal Bennett.  He was a free agent.

15 minutes ago, Mike said:

Your logic works only if Bennett thought to himself "I need to be a starting QB in the worst way"

Was just looking at brown dude looks like a monster. 6'2  4 years in college 45 games 22 starts (imagine he played nickel a good bit with his size, tackles and starts-games player) 123 tackles, 4.5 TFL, 6 picks, 1 forced fumble 3 fumble recoveries, oh and 28 pass knock downs. 28 KDs in 22 starts / 45 games is pretty crazy.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/roster/Sam-Brown/f0ce2680-f066-4b85-aeea-e5448c7defe6 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Didn't realize he actually played 11 games as a backup with Hamilton last year. Glad he's in with us now, he's got a good shot at being a starter here. Just needs an opportunity.

yeah I remember him signing there. I was disappointed he didn't end up back here. But I guess we were kind of full on the LB spot then. Glad he's here now though!!

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Nice signing with Smith! Glad he's back!!!

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/will-smith?id=2550161

At very worst he replaces burnett as a back up di and teams monster. Similar high up side but much more of a natural LBer and MLBer at that. Just what the Doctor ordered. Really like this move a lot. Need some more young guys to push him in camp but its a great low risk high reward move. One more DT and our front 7 are dramatically improved. 

5 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I like the LeFevour signing. Not my favourite backup QB but better than no competition at TC.

Pretty much. Im a bit more fond of it i guess. The difference in quality among the legit no2s available is pretty thin imop.

This really seems to be the bomber prototype for a QB. Good size, strong, athletic, comes from a spread offense.