Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

4 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Thanks wbbfan

"Ceaser Had just two drops over his last 108 catches"

np. Yeah and normally a guy catching short passes would make that asterisk worthy but the offense at ULM had most of those catches in tight traffic which is even more impressive. They had a rash of injuries his last year, and he was supposedly 100% when he left college so heres hoping. 

11 minutes ago, nate007 said:

Anyone take a look at Wilson's pro day numbers? 4.60 forty, 40.5-inch vert, 6.99 three-cone drill. Those numbers would be impressive if he was 30 pounds lighter. Could be a MLB dark-horse.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=97585&draftyear=2016&genpos=ILB

sweet merciful crap those are insane numbers. Sounds like a candidate to replace tony burnette. Looks like he made a TON of plays. especially his first year in college. 

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2016/5/10/11644816/2016-oakland-raiders-udfa-profile-fresno-state-lb-kyrie-wilson-hopes-elite-athleticism-sets-apart

16 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

makes some nice plays, some times seems a little wild at times trying to make a play on the ball in a crowd of his own guys. But man his size and athletic ability are really impressive. Could play all over the defense with his tool set. We are set to have an embarrassment of riches in terms of young guys this tc. 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

It'll never get that far...day 1 of Mini Camp, some new guy will impress and there'll be a post about "Well, this might be the year....got a replacement for Bruce Johnson now!!"

i figure one of the young guys will have a good start to camp, day 1 isnt much individual hype normally. But 3 days in some one playing hot will get it.

Tbh this year im holding my breath that the young guys from last year can avoid the 2nd year curse and maintain the level of play we saw last year. Mostly frederick and loffler. That and hoping that fogg either becomes just a return guy  and depth DB or we replace him as a return guy and he recovers after hitting the wall hard last year. He made a TON of plays prior to hitting the wall, but wasnt the most reliable in coverage. (maybe the least reliable) 

Every single year, same thing.

There's at most, a handful of spots open between the main roster and the practice roster for a receiver. Dressler has a spot, as does Adams and between Stafford/Denmark, I'm sure ONE is guaranteed. MAYBE there's a spot for an absolute stud, otherwise it's backups and PR.

But you NEED guys to throw to. 5 quarterbacks means you need fresh receivers always. Plus, you can always improve. Doesn't matter how good you think you are.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

There's at most, a handful of spots open between the main roster and the practice roster for a receiver. Dressler has a spot, as does Adams and between Stafford/Denmark, I'm sure ONE is guaranteed. MAYBE there's a spot for an absolute stud, otherwise it's backups and PR.

But you NEED guys to throw to. 5 quarterbacks means you need fresh receivers always. Plus, you can always improve. Doesn't matter how good you think you are.

Also, injuries.

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

You make it sound like they're all training camp fodder. If that is your thinking there is no way this team can improve. All of our veteran guys at one point unseated the incumbents. They will all get their shot and most will be cut and some PR'd. I think it is fair to speculate which prospect has the best chance of potentially cracking the lineup. 

I agree it does not necessarily mean Walters is unhappy with our corps but i don't think our receivers were in the top 5 last year so there is always room for improvement. 

18 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

You make it sound like they're all training camp fodder. If that is your thinking there is no way this team can improve. All of our veteran guys at one point unseated the incumbents. They will all get their shot and most will be cut and some PR'd. I think it is fair to speculate which prospect has the best chance of potentially cracking the lineup. 

I agree it does not necessarily mean Walters is unhappy with our corps but i don't think our receivers were in the top 5 last year so there is always room for improvement. 

So you're basically agreeing with exactly what Mike just finished saying....