Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

35 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Wasn't MBT playing in a spring league?  Perhaps they are expecting him to be at the main TC.

He was yes, but its soo bush it makes AFL2 look like monday night football. I cant tell if the season ran, or is yet to run, cant find any schedule, results, etc. Guess thats to be expected from a league that offered room and board for playing xD.

Found some clips on YT. The web site still doesnt have updated season info but the most recent upload was 2 weeks ago. 

Edited by wbbfan

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I thought that even the team was high on Will Smith, was that just fans wishful thinking based on the name? 

I think it had to do with the fact that we had him, then released him for an NFL opportunity, then thought enough of him to bring him back... lead a lot of us to believe there was real starter potential there...

Or we just really wanted someone to call the Fresh Prince.... :D

51 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I think it had to do with the fact that we had him, then released him for an NFL opportunity, then thought enough of him to bring him back... lead a lot of us to believe there was real starter potential there...

Or we just really wanted someone to call the Fresh Prince.... :D

He played  very well in hammy in limited action. 

Just now, Engelwood said:

Ok, still the same, they did not show enough to compete vs whoever else was at camp

Except lber the wide open lber spot we have. Knox may have had an inside track knowing the system and coaches better but smith would at worst be no2 going into camp. I imagine that cut was to do with some thing other then talent. 

12 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Maybe some of these guys just decided to pass on Winnipeg after three days in shitty spring weather.

Some could be out of shape, or maybe injured and weren't able to perform up to their 100%....? Could be tons of reasons other than "they're not good enough"...

25 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Maybe some of these guys just decided to pass on Winnipeg after three days in shitty spring weather.

could definitely be this.  maybe they weren't cuts and were voluntarily leaving?   Suppose they could also be consideration for PR and instead of burning a TC spot for them, they got cut and will be re-added??

*shrug*  I don't have any real opinion on any of these guys with the exception of Smith who I'd thought would be in the running for WIL-Mack spot or at least backup..  should be interesting to see what shakes out in the next month or 2.

49 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Some could be out of shape, or maybe injured and weren't able to perform up to their 100%....? Could be tons of reasons other than "they're not good enough"...

Good point, Ricky Collins was cut last year during mini-camp and he certainly looks like he had enough talent.  I think attitude and football smarts plays a huge factor in who O'Shea keeps and who he cuts.

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Good point, Ricky Collins was cut last year during mini-camp and he certainly looks like he had enough talent.  I think attitude and football smarts plays a huge factor in who O'Shea keeps and who he cuts.

...As it should.....

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

...As it should.....

eh, not a fan of passing on pure talent that needs to be coached up. You can certainly have too many of those guys, but teaching up guys like that is the mark of a great coach / staff. Tons and tons of players go pro because they are great athletes and its their best chance in life. And a LOT of great players are in that boat. If you have a team full of rudy's you might have a great story and a feel good team but still get smashed by stamps esq teams year in and year out. Our most recent grey cup appearance was probably closer to the opposite of that, and we got smashes with our character guys soo long that mos was on the hot seat early last year. Remember some of the antics we saw with milt and blink? Would they have been cut?

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Or he had a bad camp.