Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

Bombers signed Thera-Plamondon and Conteh, but yeah ... at the bottom of the press release, Waggoner retired.

That's disappointing, but it is what it is. Ultimately, as much as I thought his motor would translate to meaningful defensive reps, he did end up being a bust.

5 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

dang he should have retired prior to cfl draft. we should pick herdman then

maybe theyll put back rush to lb ?

does anyone picked up the youbger singleton?

Both Herdmans got drafted (Justin to Toronto & Jordan to BC).  Matt Singleton is a free agent afaik.

6 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

dang he should have retired prior to cfl draft. we should pick herdman then

maybe theyll put back rush to lb ?

does anyone picked up the youbger singleton?

No kidding, they can still pick Teague Sherman out of the dust bin if they have to but I'd like to see Rush to get the opportunity.

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Waggoner definitely wasn't a bust, as he contributed a ton to ST.....that's a real shame he retired. Man oh man...I wonder what happened. 

I think he was a bust, a first round pick for a ST player who played two seasons is pretty bad.

Edited by Gotmilt

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Waggoner definitely wasn't a bust, as he contributed a ton to ST.....that's a real shame he retired. Man oh man...I wonder what happened. 

Maybe dad said to spend more time with the family business

Edited by M.O.A.B.

21 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

could be worse, could be a guy that never played at all.

Yeah took a glance at the misses in the first round over the past 5 years and the size of that pool is freaking massive. Too bad i liked what he brought on teams and would have liked to see what he could do in reps.

That arm, wow. Gets rid of the ball quickly too, and a good athlete. Hes like an athletic MBT, but young enough to be a reasonable developmental guy.

http://www.accac.org/sports/fball/2014-15/players/austinapodacalkag?view=profile

Mesa community college seems to be his largest sample size post hs. 

233/394- 59.1% - 2534 yards - 27 tds - 9 ints. 0 sacks wow. 

Edited by wbbfan

26 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The choices always seem to be age, opportunities or injuries.  Probably not the first one.

Shame about Waggoner,  had high hopes for him to step into a more important role soon. Must be a solid real world deal to get him to step away from the game.. unless the lustre of football has faded for him..

either way, good luck and god speed young man. 

3 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Shame about Waggoner,  had high hopes for him to step into a more important role soon. Must be a solid real world deal to get him to step away from the game.. unless the lustre of football has faded for him..

He probably wasn't getting the results he'd hoped for when he came to the CFL and didn't want to continue on that path.  League wide I don't think there is an opportunity for him to start on any team.

40 minutes ago, Noeller said:

To say he was a bust doesn't mean he was totally useless... to draft a guy in the first round who looks like he could be a starter... and he ends up being a good special teamer for only two years.... that's a bust... sure, had some nice contributions, but the bar is set higher for first round picks... 

Not going to bother dwelling on it... but I wonder if that would've changed the team's mind on (one of the) Herdman(s) in the 5th or 6th round knowing we were losing Waggoner... 

5 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Waggoner is a mediocre player and is no big loss. How bad of a selection that was has really gone under the radar around here.

yes we missed out on the likes of phillipe gagnon. Brandon revenberg, brian jones, and charles vaillancourt.

The way walters talked about our board afterwards, we would have just taken corney or couture in that range any how.