Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

1 hour ago, do or die said:

Just read that thread about Ekakitie's contract on RF.    What a bunch of corn.   Some of these Jones supporters sound suspiciously like Trump acolytes. 

lmao! I've been called a lot of food in my day, a rotten egg, full of bologna, sour grapes..etc but never been called corn before! 

makes me think of south park when the band Korn uses their super Korn powers and transformers into

Image result for korn turns into corn on south park

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

Expecting intelligent commentary from Riderfans.com is like expecting a room full of monkeys working at typewriters to type a great novel instead of just throwing their own feeces at each other.

txjgdjbnphcy.png

"It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times...?"

2 hours ago, mbrg said:

Johnny Augustine and Jordan Herdman agree - those CFL pre-draft rankings should be all that matters.

Or ask the 14 guys who were drafted in the top 25 selections....  and the four guys in the NFL.

If you think Richards is a better pick than Waud or Durant, hey that's cool... I'm sure you have some kind of special insight...

Richards got drafted for his "hair powers" plain and simple and then tempted fate by shaving off the mane in his first CFL TC. Multiple injuries and little playing time or production later, here we sit ...

Edited by IC Khari

Just now, IC Khari said:

Richards got drafted for his "hair powers" plain and simple and then tempted fate by shaving off the mane in his first CFL TC. Multiple injuries and little playing time or production later, here we sit ...

We aren't going to have Richards as a target for bile much longer. He has to put out in training camp or he's gone. No more mulligans.

19 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:
Hindsight is always 20/20. 

Bombers have different situation then, Canadian content is shallow and we need players who can be with the team.  They don't have luxury of waiting for players who they thought might be in the NFL. Iirc, Waud and Durant has NFL invites then.

The way I see this, it's Conteh and Branning (he will be in TC, per Walters) - for Sherman and Morgan.

Over-analyzing picks in hindsight is a losers game... sure Walters has had a few whiffs (Waggoner, Morgan and potentially Richards)... But I think Goossen, Chungh, Corney, Loffler and (potentially) Ekakitie more than make up for it...

I guess we could always pine for the days of the "0-fer" Mack drafts... or the "who needs 1st round picks when we can have declining veterans" Taman drafts...

Never understood the fascination with sitting here bemoaning the what if's of a draft class, especially when we've had the success we've had. We're averaging a starter a year from the draft and we're complaining?

This is not exclusive to the Bombers. It happens to every single team.

BC chose Mrabure-Ajufo 5th overall in 2015, he's not even on their roster anymore. Hamilton had 8th and 9th overall in 2014 and took Beau Landry and Evan Gill, who have taken (rough estimate) zero defensive snaps for them. The entire first round of the 2013 draft would look a lot better if you reversed the order, because MacMillan (9th) is a far better player than Gaydosh (1st) and there are blown picks all over that round. And my favorite - EVERY SINGLE TEAM passed on Taylor Loffler last year multiple times (except SSK, cuz they suck and give away their picks)

It's not a Winnipeg thing. It's a CFL Draft thing.

17 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Saw that thread where apparently  Edem and Broulliette are better than Loffler.

two players usually are better than one....But this ain't a card game (i'll play my edem and broulliette to beat your Loffler). the ones that know football, know Loffler is the better of the 3.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Never understood the fascination with sitting here bemoaning the what if's of a draft class, especially when we've had the success we've had. We're averaging a starter a year from the draft and we're complaining?

This is not exclusive to the Bombers. It happens to every single team.

BC chose Mrabure-Ajufo 5th overall in 2015, he's not even on their roster anymore. Hamilton had 8th and 9th overall in 2014 and took Beau Landry and Evan Gill, who have taken (rough estimate) zero defensive snaps for them. The entire first round of the 2013 draft would look a lot better if you reversed the order, because MacMillan (9th) is a far better player than Gaydosh (1st) and there are blown picks all over that round. And my favorite - EVERY SINGLE TEAM passed on Taylor Loffler last year multiple times (except SSK, cuz they suck and give away their picks)

It's not a Winnipeg thing. It's a CFL Draft thing.

Except no one is actually doing this... again, you're creating something out of nothing - everyone on this board understands that not every draft pick works out

2014-2017 - all Walters picks make sense except for that 2nd round in 2015...   even the Waggoner pick is understandable because of his ceiling

Yes, I'd like Grozman over Gauthier or Herdman over T-Plamandon but I can understand why those picks were made...  the ONLY Walters picks that don't make sense were the 2nd round in 2015 and Walters himself said we went with Richards because of Bellefuile's connection with him.  

45 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Except no one is actually doing this... again, you're creating something out of nothing - everyone on this board understands that not every draft pick works out

2014-2017 - all Walters picks make sense except for that 2nd round in 2015...   even the Waggoner pick is understandable because of his ceiling

Yes, I'd like Grozman over Gauthier or Herdman over T-Plamandon but I can understand why those picks were made...  the ONLY Walters picks that don't make sense were the 2nd round in 2015 and Walters himself said we went with Richards because of Bellefuile's connection with him.  

You are aware that when I talk in a general sense, I'm not talking specifically about you, right? Plenty of people are doing this. Is it you? No, it's not.

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

You are aware that when I talk in a general sense, I'm not talking specifically about you, right? Plenty of people are doing this. Is it you? No, it's not.

Um, yes?  Of course?  How else can I put it.  And again, you're trying to make something out of nothing...  

When I say that everyone on this board understands how the draft works... I actually mean that.  In a general sense.  Literally, every person on this board understands that not every pick is going to work - there is no reason to make it look like you're explaining that to the rest of us.

I haven't seen anyone griping about Bomber draft picks since Mack left...  and back then, we were totally in the right.

Richards was a bad pick, nothing wrong with discussing that.  Its not misunderstanding how a draft works or anything its just a case of Walters and MB overthinking their pick and not taking BPA.

9 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Richards was a bad pick, nothing wrong with discussing that.  Its not misunderstanding how a draft works or anything its just a case of Walters and MB overthinking their pick and not taking BPA.

At this point I think we can say Richards was probably a bad pick but I'd say he's got another year to prove it wasn't.