Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

48 minutes ago, tacklewasher said:

So, is there a cliff notes to our team this year somewhere? I've not followed the off season stuff but am wondering where we are at going into exhibition games.

You have a LOT of catching up to do... 

1 hour ago, tacklewasher said:

So, is there a cliff notes to our team this year somewhere? I've not followed the off season stuff but am wondering where we are at going into exhibition games.

Matt Nichols is still the starter but Mike O'Shea has stated he is "on thin ice" due to having a child recently.  MOS believe players should be totally focused on football.

Clarence Denmark was busted in the off-season for steroids so he'll miss the first 4 games of the season.  

Against everyone's better judgment, the Bombers drafted only "players who could bench more than 25 reps at the combine".  Walters stated that "CIS football is low quality so I don't bother watching game film."

The Bombers traded next year's first round pick to the Alouettes for SJ Green but he retired recently.

Terrence Edwards recently came out of retirement but he's dealing with a turf toe issue.

Just now, Atomic said:

Matt Nichols is still the starter but Mike O'Shea has stated he is "on thin ice" due to having a child recently.  MOS believe players should be totally focused on football.

Clarence Denmark was busted in the off-season for steroids so he'll miss the first 4 games of the season.  

Against everyone's better judgment, the Bombers drafted only "players who could bench more than 25 reps at the combine".  Walters stated that "CIS football is low quality so I don't bother watching game film."

The Bombers traded next year's first round pick to the Alouettes for SJ Green but he retired recently.

Terrence Edwards recently came out of retirement but he's dealing with a turf toe issue.

excellent summation.  we are definitely battling uphill this season thats for true!

29 minutes ago, Atomic said:

This checks out.

36 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Let's not forget that MOS got a one-year extension to his contract.

After the signing, Walters said, "he's not done much as a coach. Great that he's entering the HOF as a player but that's not really helping the Bombers win now. Since there's no one better available right now, he has the gig until Labour Day when LaPo will probably take the reigns. Lord help us. Prove me wrong, Mike, prove me wrong."

20 minutes ago, JCon said:

Let's not forget that MOS got a one-year extension to his contract.

After the signing, Walters said, "he's not done much as a coach. Great that he's entering the HOF as a player but that's not really helping the Bombers win now. Since there's no one better available right now, he has the gig until Labour Day when LaPo will probably take the reigns. Lord help us. Prove me wrong, Mike, prove me wrong."

I don't remember this quote you should probably check your sources.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

You forgot to mention that Buck was found wandering down Euclid Ave. last Feb. in search of his missing helmet.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Damn. I didn't realize the O'Shea was pregnant, let alone having given birth. Gotta keep up.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

And  you forgot to mention that as a result of his usage of steroids, Denmark cannot play in the CFL this season but has been cleared to run in the Kentucky Derby.