Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Noeller

Bombers Off-Season Transactions

2,040 posts in this topic

Just now, Mike said:

The player has a choice in the matter too, you know.

Balderdash!

 

But, was Bennett offered a contract/opportunity with the Bombers? Presuming that they really wanted him, the Bombers could have gotten a deal done, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JCon said:

Balderdash!

 

But, was Bennett offered a contract/opportunity with the Bombers? Presuming that they really wanted him, the Bombers could have gotten a deal done, no?

If I was trying to explain why (without knowing the truth) Bennett would sign in Saskatchewan instead of here, it's pretty easy to make the point that he's got a more direct route to more reps in Saskatchewan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mike said:

If I was trying to explain why (without knowing the truth) Bennett would sign in Saskatchewan instead of here, it's pretty easy to make the point that he's got a more direct route to more reps in Saskatchewan.

And that makes sense from his point of view.

But would that really be a surprise to the Bombers? Were they really surprised that he left for Saskatchewan, given an opportunity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JCon said:

And that makes sense from his point of view.

But would that really be a surprise to the Bombers? Were they really surprised that he left for Saskatchewan, given an opportunity?

I think it's safe to assume that the Bombers didn't want Bennett.

There was no surprise.  Saskatchewan didn't steal Bennett.  He was a free agent.

wbbfan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mike said:

If I was trying to explain why (without knowing the truth) Bennett would sign in Saskatchewan instead of here, it's pretty easy to make the point that he's got a more direct route to more reps in Saskatchewan.

Your logic works only if Bennett thought to himself "I need to be a starting QB in the worst way"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was just looking at brown dude looks like a monster. 6'2  4 years in college 45 games 22 starts (imagine he played nickel a good bit with his size, tackles and starts-games player) 123 tackles, 4.5 TFL, 6 picks, 1 forced fumble 3 fumble recoveries, oh and 28 pass knock downs. 28 KDs in 22 starts / 45 games is pretty crazy.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/roster/Sam-Brown/f0ce2680-f066-4b85-aeea-e5448c7defe6 

tracker likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't realize he actually played 11 games as a backup with Hamilton last year. Glad he's in with us now, he's got a good shot at being a starter here. Just needs an opportunity.

Bigblue204 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mike said:

Didn't realize he actually played 11 games as a backup with Hamilton last year. Glad he's in with us now, he's got a good shot at being a starter here. Just needs an opportunity.

yeah I remember him signing there. I was disappointed he didn't end up back here. But I guess we were kind of full on the LB spot then. Glad he's here now though!!

wbbfan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Nice signing with Smith! Glad he's back!!!

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/will-smith?id=2550161

At very worst he replaces burnett as a back up di and teams monster. Similar high up side but much more of a natural LBer and MLBer at that. Just what the Doctor ordered. Really like this move a lot. Need some more young guys to push him in camp but its a great low risk high reward move. One more DT and our front 7 are dramatically improved. 

Bigblue204 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

Didn't see that one coming... guess the price was right.  Some people can step back from the ledge about Davis being #2 now.

Pffft I won't be pleased until we bring in an out of shape 34 yr old QB with no CFL experience.....'cuz, winning. 

Booch, wpgallday1960, Floyd and 6 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I like the LeFevour signing. Not my favourite backup QB but better than no competition at TC.

Pretty much. Im a bit more fond of it i guess. The difference in quality among the legit no2s available is pretty thin imop.

This really seems to be the bomber prototype for a QB. Good size, strong, athletic, comes from a spread offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Didn't see that one coming... guess the price was right.  Some people can step back from the ledge about Davis being #2 now.

Okay I understand the price tag reason but LeFevour instead of Glenn?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Okay I understand the price tag reason but LeFevour instead of Glenn?

 

Cheaper,  younger, mobile,   no one was willing to pay LeFev starting money.....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0