Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

8 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Okay I understand the price tag reason but LeFevour instead of Glenn?

Well it's free agency, not slave agency.  We can't force Glenn to work for cheap and be happy with the #3 spot, he has to agree to it.

LeFevour agreed to it.  Probably because it was that or being done in football and getting one of those real world jobs.

Like becoming a professional fan site commenter.

2 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Well it's free agency, not slave agency.  We can't force Glenn to work for cheap and be happy with the #3 spot, he has to agree to it.

LeFevour agreed to it.  Probably because it was that or being done in football and getting one of those real world jobs.

Like becoming a professional fan site commenter.

I wasn't suggesting Glenn be forced to accept less I was suggesting it might have been a good option to offer him something he would be okay with.

Because we're not talking in-person, sometimes I'm not sure if you're trying to be sarcastic and funny or you're being an a** in responding to a post. To be metaphorically transparent with you. 

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I wasn't suggesting Glenn be forced to accept less I was suggesting it might have been a good option to offer him something he would be okay with.

Because we're not talking in-person, sometimes I'm not sure if you're trying to be sarcastic and funny or you're being an a** in responding to a post. To be metaphorically transparent with you. 

mbrg likes to think he (she?) is the smartest person in every thread and it results in some pretty condescending posts, try not to take it personally.

6 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

He's got a real chance to start in Sask. and make incentive money. It's pretty hard to offer that here when the guy in front of him is making $400k and locked in as our starter.

11 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

It varies.

11 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

What he would be okay with we didn't want to offer him.

We didn't cut him.  We released him early because he wasn't interested in what we were offering him.  He thought he could do better for salary and position on the depth chart than he could here.  And he did.  And we probably offered LeFevour less than what we offered Glenn because he is worth less.

I apologize if any of the above logical reasoning was too condescending for Atomic.  I'll try to have wild emotional overreactions more often.

HURL!!!! BLARGHHHH!!!

5 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

He's got a real chance to start in Sask. and make incentive money. It's pretty hard to offer that here when the guy in front of him is making $400k and locked in as our starter.

Fair enough which fascinates me that the Roughies had the opportunity to invest in DD for a bit longer but chose the KG route. It's almost like he is taking the 'F you' approach to other teams but forgetting he is building an actual team that has to have some sort of logic/plan to it. Yes Chris Jones fans will tell me he's a genius and I wouldn't understand. 

13 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

How much incentive money can you bring in with the line they have though. Jokes a side competitors want to start. I respect glenn more for going after playing first more then guys like maas who were happy to hold a clip board. 

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Fair enough which fascinates me that the Roughies had the opportunity to invest in DD for a bit longer but chose the KG route. It's almost like he is taking the 'F you' approach to other teams but forgetting he is building an actual team that has to have some sort of logic/plan to it. Yes Chris Jones fans will tell me he's a genius and I wouldn't understand. 

Welcome to a month ago (??) when this happened!

2 minutes ago, mbrg said:

It varies.

What he would be okay with we didn't want to offer him.

We didn't cut him.  We released him early because he wasn't interested in what we were offering him.  He thought he could do better for salary and position on the depth chart than he could here.  And he did.  And we probably offered LeFevour less than what we offered Glenn because he is worth less.

I apologize if any of the above logical reasoning was too condescending for Atomic.  I'll try to have wild emotional overreactions more often.

HURL!!!! BLARGHHHH!!!

That's my point, maybe we should have imo.

It wasn't Atomic that raised the condescending issue with you responding to my post, it was me trying to decipher your approach.

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

That's my point, maybe we should have imo.

I think it had less to do with money and more to do with the Bombers having faith in Davis.  Walters is a standup guy.  He would have told Glenn outright that he was not guaranteed the number 2 spot on the depth chart.  Glenn didn't want to end his career like that.  No one is wrong in that situation, it just wasn't a fit anymore.

Glenn finished the season 3rd on the depth chart.  This team has some amount of faith in Davis, even if the internet doesn't.