Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

31 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

CFL draft is a crap shoot at the best of times, taking a chance on a big athletic WR who may never see the field is a chance id be willing to take. He has the tools where as Etienne obviously did not- that's poor drafting. 

Waggonner obviously did not pan out for us but that doesn't make him a bad pick either, with the salaries in the CFL a lot of times the guys could make more money pursuing other careers as much as we don't like it.

With Waggoner having jumped the fence, I do wonder if trying to swing a deal for Judge would be a good idea. Waggoner's CV wasn't as good as Judge's and a ratio-buster NI linebacker is always welcome- there has to be another Mike O'Shea out there.

11 minutes ago, tracker said:

With Waggoner having jumped the fence, I do wonder if trying to swing a deal for Judge would be a good idea. Waggoner's CV wasn't as good as Judge's and a ratio-buster NI linebacker is always welcome- there has to be another Mike O'Shea out there.

I don't think we need to but i wouldn't be against it if the riders can't get a deal done and Walters can give him a similar contract Waggoner had.

I have a feeling Judge is a very similar player to Waggonner and Jones did not take into account he would have to pay a STer 1st rd money. That's why Riderfans is pretty testy these days.

Edited by Gotmilt

12 minutes ago, mbrg said:

lollling all over the place.

alright, I'll go check the roster, brb

fixed!  no one will ever be able to tell!

haha, I read your post, and basically said that exact thing in my head (#15... Matt Nichols??)... then I went to the Bombers site to confirm... b/c I like to research stuff before posting to make me seem smarter... 

58 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

I don't think we need to but i wouldn't be against it if the riders can't get a deal done and Walters can give him a similar contract Waggoner had.

I have a feeling Judge is a very similar player to Waggonner and Jones did not take into account he would have to pay a STer 1st rd money. That's why Riderfans is pretty testy these days.

Judge seems to have a higher ceiling, so may be worth pursuing, providing Jones is sane.

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

haha, I read your post, and basically said that exact thing in my head (#15... Matt Nichols??)... then I went to the Bombers site to confirm... b/c I like to research stuff before posting to make me seem smarter... 

See, I told my brain "fetch me the number of that internet maligned Canadian receiver the Bombers drafted in the second round", and my brain came back and said "#15!".

Only afterwards did I realize I should have added "and NOT Aaron Hargreaves!".

Body is back, but brain is still gone fishing.

1 hour ago, tracker said:

Judge seems to have a higher ceiling, so may be worth pursuing, providing Jones is sane.

When i saw their testing results i can't recall exactly but i believe Waggonner's were slightly better but comparable, i think the fact Judge played for UCLA helps a lot though and his pedigree might be better with better coaching and playing in a better conference.

Edited by Gotmilt

55 minutes ago, Atomic said:

So wait.  Matt Nichols played on the kick return team?

:D

54 minutes ago, tracker said:

You didn't know that?????

40 minutes ago, peggars said:

best Longsnapping Qb in the game 

29 minutes ago, Atomic said:

What?? No, of course I knew. I know everything. I was just clarifying for other people who may not have known.

28 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

No, Hargreaves did.

Do keep up. 

And this should more than double the amount of emoticons I've used in my life.

9 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

http://www.bluebombers.com/2017/05/24/team-adds-four-ahead-rookie-camp/

FMB officially signs so all the draft picks aside from Gray are under contract now.

Umm.. technically Gray is under contract too... just not to us.  So, ALL of our DP's are signed to professional contracts.  Jones has drafted one player that has a valid contract signed, Auclair.  Who has signed with.. the Bucs. 

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Out of curiosity what is the deal with Burton.  What does placing him on the suspended list mean? Miss a flight?  Passport issues?  Why would they do that and not release him? 

Could be anything really.  Might find out more if they have a post-practice press conference today.

3 minutes ago, TheAardvark said:

Umm.. technically Gray is under contract too... just not to us.  So, ALL of our DP's are signed to professional contracts.  Jones has drafted one player that has a valid contract signed, Auclair.  Who has signed with.. the Bucs. 

I know this is your schtick and everything, but we don't need that here. We know the deal with Gray, guys like bigg jay don't need to be corrected on semantics. :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, TheAardvark said:

DP? Did I log in to the wrong site here lol. ?