Bombers Training Camp 2017 - May 28

Mr Dee

12 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

I like the appropriate punctuation in this tweet... Nichols is the #1 guy, no question about it... LeFevour and Davis are battling for #2... the new guys are battling for (likely) 1 PR spot...

I heard one news outlet (I forget who, probably just a radio person reading the sports news) say the new QBs would be competing with Nichols, Davis and LeFevour for a spot on the team... and my reaction was, more like they're competing against each other for a spot on the PR...

Major camp battles in my mind:

There are two big ones, in terms of impact on the starting lineup.

Faith Ekakitie vs. Jake Thomas - this is more about snaps, as in who is going to get more. They'll both play but how much?

Kyle Knox vs. Nick Temple vs. George Stone vs. Kyrie Wilson - this is the big one, as I would imagine only one of these guys makes the roster and one makes the PR but two will go home. Dark horse in my mind is Kyrie Wilson, I think he's got a sneaky chance to win the job.

Other than that ...

Green vs. Jeffcoat, Apodaca vs. Bell, Stafford (or Denmark, truthfully) vs. Burton/Lowder/Thorpe

I think we'll see a surprise or two. But the roster is mostly set.

(Obligatory Bruce Johnson vs. the World also)

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Major camp battles in my mind:

There are two big ones, in terms of impact on the starting lineup.

Faith Ekakitie vs. Jake Thomas - this is more about snaps, as in who is going to get more. They'll both play but how much?

Kyle Knox vs. Nick Temple vs. George Stone vs. Kyrie Wilson - this is the big one, as I would imagine only one of these guys makes the roster and one makes the PR but two will go home. Dark horse in my mind is Kyrie Wilson, I think he's got a sneaky chance to win the job.

Other than that ...

Green vs. Jeffcoat, Apodaca vs. Bell, Stafford (or Denmark, truthfully) vs. Burton/Lowder/Thorpe

I think we'll see a surprise or two. But the roster is mostly set.

(Obligatory Bruce Johnson vs. the World also)

Mlb will be the marquee battle in camp. I agree about Wilson. He's the biggest of the group and probably the best athlete. I don't know that he'll start right off the bat, but I think they'll keep him around.

The battle for starting Canadian receiver will be interesting. You have to think they're really hoping Richards can win the job.

I think the battle for field corner will be wide open. Frederick ended the season starting, but Roberts was respectable there before he got hurt, and we've brought in some pretty decent prospects.

I'm tardy to picking an arbitrary favourite new guy to make the roster, thus guaranteeing he gets cut after the first week... (Sorry, Jhomo...) Once I see the opening day of Rookie Camp roster, I'll be sure to make a selection...

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I'm tardy to picking an arbitrary favourite new guy to make the roster, thus guaranteeing he gets cut after the first week... (Sorry, Jhomo...) Once I see the opening day of Rookie Camp roster, I'll be sure to make a selection...

Offense - Stephen Burton

Defense - Jackson Jeffcoat

CURSE IS APPLIED

On 5/17/2017 at 10:07 PM, Taynted_Fayth said:

I suppose there may be a potential battle for #2 between LeFevour and Davis,  but realistically only real QB battle at camp will be between Apodaca and Bell for a PR spot

I think its a shoe in that lefevour, davis, and nichols are our active qbs. The rooks are gonna be in a scrap to be the development guy, with a possibility of both being cut. Either rook becoming as high as QB 3 out of camp sans injuries is probably the longest shot of camp. 

20 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

5 Days until the start of Rookie Camp!      5 QBs signed to be at Rookie Camp!

That can't be a coincidence...

Geez by that logic we won't have any QBs left by the start of TC. Talk about jinxing...  ;)

Edited by Jacquie

On 5/19/2017 at 3:01 PM, Nash00 said:

So as per MBB tradition, will the dark horse everyone likes to make the roster survive the first round of cuts?:D

Im picking seastrunk to be the new tony ortiz. First team all TC star, pre season stud, but a guy with out much of a chance at RB. Could be roberson too. This is hands down the most talented group of RBs ive ever seen us have. Roberson, seastrunk, and flanders, on top of harris? (I like what normand can do a lot too) With our ol and ol depth? For my money its the position to watch for sheer entertainment value in camp. 

Got knox winning the MLB job. But I think Hurl has an out side chance to start / play as many reps as any one at MLB this year.

Gonna say ekakitie and jake the snake start out close to even splitting time at DT with ekakitie quickly earning more of the reps while jake takes more back as he hits the rookie wall late in the year. 

Lefevour winning the no2 spot with apodaca winning the development spot. 

First big cut? neufeld. 

Edited by wbbfan

16 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Im picking seastrunk to be the new tony ortiz. First team all TC star, pre season stud, but a guy with out much of a chance at RB. Could be roberson too. This is hands down the most talented group of RBs ive ever seen us have. Roberson, seastrunk, and flanders, on top of harris? (I like what normand can do a lot too) With our ol and ol depth? For my money its the position to watch for sheer entertainment value in camp. 

Got knox winning the MLB job. But I think Hurl has an out side chance to start / play as many reps as any one at MLB this year.

Gonna say ekakitie and jake the snake start out close to even splitting time at DT with ekakitie quickly earning more of the reps while jake takes more back as he hits the rookie wall late in the year. 

Lefevour winning the no2 spot with apodaca winning the development spot. 

First big cut? neufeld

giphy.gif