Bombers Training Camp 2017 - May 28

Mr Dee

1 minute ago, Mr Dee said:

The #Bombers camp opened with Gerrard Sheppard in Ryan Smith's old receiver spot. FWIW

Darrin Bauming

Medlock just hit from 55 — would've made it 60. Fan here at IGF hollers out, "kick it from 61!" #CFLTC #Bombers #memories

The #Bombers' #CFLTC @USPORTSca quarterback intern is Vincent Massey Trojans standout @DueckAndre, who is headed to McMaster in the fall.

Two #Bombers who appear to be non-participants on Day 1: DB Kevin Fogg, and 2017 50th-overall draft pick DT Ian Marouf.

Blue Bomber talk

#Bombers starters in brief 1-on-1 scrimmage: Knox at MLB, Sheppard at Y-SB, Thomas at NT. Dom Davis the second QB to hit field. #CFL

1st int @TC...Moe Leggett

Nice to see some things don't change :)

I watched approx. the last hour...

Nichols was the best qb today from what I saw. Hit a few guys in stride for big plays in both the one on ones and skelly. Apodaca has a cannon and seemed accurate, but he didn't get a lot of reps. I thought Davis struggled when they did skelly. Lefevour was just ok. Took off and ran during the one on ones, which seemed weird to me.

Adams was a beast today. Made a few rookies look bad in 1 on 1s, and went over Randle for a nice long catch. Dressler looked good, but had an ugly drop in skelly. The only time I noticed Denmark was for a bad drop. Stafford looked good in 1 on 1s. He got open deep in skelly, but Davis badly underthrew him. Of the new guys, I thought Thorpe looked really good, as well as Duncan and Lowder. I thought Coates was the best of the Canadian receivers, but didn't see them get much action. Coates made a jumping catch down the sideline.

Not much to report on the dbs. I was paying closer attention to the receivers. The poor kid from the Rifles looked like a junior player.

I thought Virgil looked good in the little bit of 1 on 1s I watched for them. Corney looked good too. Very fast. Overall, I thought the OL did very well. Goossen shut every guy down that I saw him go against. Spooner got beat up a little bit, and Ekakite didn't do much of note. That's pretty much what I expected to see though in their first action against the big boys.

The battle in the trenches is gonna be amazing this year in camp. I wonder if couture bulked up some more. Iirc he was like 276 when we drafted him and he came to camp closer to 290 but still wanted to fill out a bit more. 

* the roster seems to be updated. Has couture at 297, corney 267 and butcher at 333. IIRc corney was 255 last year and butcher 320. 

Edited by wbbfan

Other receiver observations (not necessarily new) :

Darvin Adams and Weston Dressler make hard catches look easy.

Clarence Denmark still has that corner route

JFG should be looking over his shoulder. Coates looked better. Runs much better routes. JFG shows effort but he was not getting open. Richards didn't look out of place at all. Thera-Plomendon looked solid but unspectacular. 

My starting receivers today based on performance this morning would be Adams, Dressler, Denmark & Coates .... all impressed me. The 5th receiver would be a multiple choice guess . Nichols was easily the best QB but my #2 from this a.m. is Apodaca .... he has a strong accurate arm, maybe the best in camp

Just now, BBlink said:

Other receiver observations (not necessarily new) :

Darvin Adams and Weston Dressler make hard catches look easy.

Clarence Denmark still has that corner route

JFG should be looking over his shoulder. Coates looked better. Runs much better routes. JFG shows effort but he was not getting open. Richards didn't look out of place at all. Thera-Plomendon looked solid but unspectacular. 

Good to hear that Richards hasn't been injured yet, and might even be a legit receiver. Maybe Feoli-Gudino hasn't had enough pressure to make him jack up his game. I'm hoping that someone will separate himself from the pack of NI receivers.