Bombers Training Camp 2017 - May 28

Mr Dee

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

Nevis is going to be a game changer for us. He's a monster.

for a guy trying to get to the QB through the middle,  he appears to be dominant AF. Definitely going to be eating up a lot of double teams this year which should open up things for Westerman and Okp. Throw in some extra wrinkles like LB/DB blitzes and QBs are gonna be running for their lives all year.  Can't wait to watch them rack up the sacks

31 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Watched approx 45 min of camp this morning:

A lady had her kid on a leash watching practice.

Langkford nearly broke Johnson's ankles in a one on one, then dropped the pass. Johnson picked the ball up and flipped it to Langkford,  who dropped it again. Ugly sequence for both guys...

In goal line 12 on 12, Nevis nearly took the handoff he beat his guy so badly. In one one ones, I only saw an OL beat him once, and it was Intzandt. 

Ekakite looked better than Butcher today imo. Based on his size, it seems like he should have a better bullrush than he does. Weird to say of a 300 pound man, but Ekakite looks small.  It's bc he's shortest guy in his group. Thomas looked great. Put two different ol on their backs.

Hardrick is crazy. He'd sprint to the back of the endzone after each rep. He won most of the reps I saw.

I've been to two practices and thought Bostic looked good both times. Winning most of his 1 on 1s. He and Green have both looked better than Jeffcoat in the reps I've watched. Jeffcoat got handled pretty easily in each rep I saw today. Pretty small sample though.

I'm not the biggest Kenny Stafford fan, but he's looked good each time I've watched him.

I'l post more if I think of anything else.

THIS is the kind of hard hitting journalism I come here for.

But honestly, from a guy who can never make it out to a practice I do appreciate all of the updates!

27 minutes ago, Nash00 said:

THIS is the kind of hard hitting journalism I come here for.

But honestly, from a guy who can never make it out to a practice I do appreciate all of the updates!

I thought about mentioning the lady knitting at TC yesterday, but those are the type of treats best left for the live experience

5 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I thought about mentioning the lady knitting at TC yesterday, but those are the type of treats best left for the live experience

Did the knitter have that look of those lovable ladies, who used to watch heads roll at the guillotine fiesta, during the French revolution??  

Just now, MC said:

Great to hear that someone would bring their knitting to practice.  Great CFL story.

That was my first thought.  My second thought was how could she possibly get knitting needles into a public event.  Sad that we even have to think that way.

I see women knitting everywhere.  Bomber games, Jets games, on the bus, in class while I was in school.... knitting is so hot right now.

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I dunno guys...some pretty "knowledgeable" posters on here said our DL is essentially the same as last year. Just swapped out expensive FAs for other expensive FAs...................................

That's how it works, right? If you sign a guy and he underperforms, the next guy you sign for the same amount of money is also going to underperform. It's apples to apples, really. Science. Prove me wrong.

I just don't see how the OL could possibly get worse, with a whole year together, and now going into another season with the same personnel. Consistency/Familiarity is the #1 thing for an OL, so it just makes sense that they're going to get better and better. And it's not like the coaching is all new....last year's Asst OL coach just got bumped up a notch.

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Is Nevis & the whole DL really that very good or our OL became weaker without the OL guru Wylie?

I think they really are that good. Its one of those you gotta see it live to truly appreciate the motor on some of these guys like Nevis kind of deal. He is fast.  That report from sweep saying he basically could have snatched the hand off doesn't surprise me at all. 

Gotta remember Wylie was also our coach in 14' and 15' when we had some pretty crappy OL's. I think the biggest difference in our line is talent vs scheme. And if Wylie's schemes did have any affect, we still have Marty Costello who was his assistant and likely carries over the same philosophies

7 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Bring Quincy home!

The Dallas Cowboys are releasing WR Quincy McDuffie who was CFL's top kick returner last season. Door isn't closed for him re-signing there.

McDuffie put up some pretty good numbers last year on KR. I dunno if I'd chalk him up as the best in the league (I'd have said Rainey), but he did have best average and longest (98) while finishing 4th in total yards. Would be a welcomed return for sure

3 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

McDuffie put up some pretty good numbers last year on KR. I dunno if I'd chalk him up as the best in the league (I'd have said Rainey), but he did have best average and longest (98) while finishing 4th in total yards. Would be a welcomed return for sure

Tessler is Quincy's agent so he might have a slight interest in pumping his tires a bit.

5 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Every time I think of Rainey now, all I see in my head is Mo Leggett blowing him up behind the line on that 3rd down play.

It's a beautiful thing.