Bombers Training Camp 2017 - May 28

Mr Dee

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

No but they just published this Tristan Okpalaugo article yesterday and it's similar to last year's rookie diary.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/06/03/words-tristan-okpalaugo/

Yeah, it's an interesting read. We're seeing a lot more of this stuff.. Quotes he:

"My first impression of being here is a simple, but important one: this is a very welcoming team."

"I was in touch with a few guys before I signed here in the winter. Guys from the past and current guys."

"Alex Suber really, really sold Winnipeg on me. He kept talking about how much love the fans have for their players and how much of a factor they were playing in this stadium for the defence."

"I also talked to my former coach at Fresno State, Coach Plemons, who loved it up here when he was an assistant. He still has very close friends from here that visit him from time to time."

"Another guy I was in contact with was Jamaal Westerman. As soon as he found out I had signed, he gave me a big welcome. You don’t realize how big that is because a lot of guys don’t do that, especially a guy at his level. That helped. It made me excited to get back up here and get to work."

This is the result of treating your players like the men they are..

3 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Yeah, it's an interesting read. We're seeing a lot more of this stuff.. Quotes he:

"My first impression of being here is a simple, but important one: this is a very welcoming team."

"I was in touch with a few guys before I signed here in the winter. Guys from the past and current guys."

"Alex Suber really, really sold Winnipeg on me. He kept talking about how much love the fans have for their players and how much of a factor they were playing in this stadium for the defence."

"I also talked to my former coach at Fresno State, Coach Plemons, who loved it up here when he was an assistant. He still has very close friends from here that visit him from time to time."

"Another guy I was in contact with was Jamaal Westerman. As soon as he found out I had signed, he gave me a big welcome. You don’t realize how big that is because a lot of guys don’t do that, especially a guy at his level. That helped. It made me excited to get back up here and get to work."

This is the result of treating your players like the men they are..

that and focusing on high caliber people as well as players. 

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

June 3, 2017

Released:
OL Dominick Jackson (I)

Added to roster:
WR Justice Liggins (I)

Let's hope that Justice will be served now in our receiving corp.

Liggins is an athletic freak. 4.37 40 10'7 broad jump 42.5" vert. 6'1 210 is good size too. sure plays fast as well.  Watching him run after some catches he sure seems to have potential to be a return man. Not to mention with his speed. 

Edited by wbbfan

Just got back from camp. Trying to go in order here but I might be all over the place

QBs - Nichols looked as expected, best of the bunch. DLF looked the worst, tons of wobble in his throw and he doesn't sell the decision to run very well. Dom Davis telegraphed a few throws but made some nice plays as well. Apodaca stands out in the sense that he doesn't look like a rookie and he's got by far the best arm. 

RBs - tough to see much at field level but Flanders had a couple of nice one handed grabs out of the backfield

RECs - interesting bunch. Dressler is what you'd expect, Adams took half of practice off, Stafford is up and down. Of the new guys, the ones that stood out were Lowder, Peterson and the new guy Liggins especially. Liggins runs so smooth and his hands looked super soft ... didn't see a whole lot out of him in volume but when he did make a play, he looked good doing it. JFG also looked real good throughout practice.

OL - I didn't watch much

DL - standouts other than what we'd expect were Jeffcoat and Johnson, to me. Scott wasn't practicing.

LB - Hurl looked bad. Missed an assignment big time on a play Roberson broke for big yards. Stone looks active, Knox looks kind of lost in the shuffle. I also like the looks of Santos-Knox, he flies around and is always mixing it up. 

DB - lots of back and forth with the receivers. Heath is a real leader vocally. Carmichael looks like he really understands the game. Derek Jones very versatile.

trying to think of more ...

45 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

depending what the argos offered him (maybe too low) he could be holding out for TC injuries and get more money from a desperate team

yeah really no reason for him to rush into a decision. Id do awful things for the bombers to some how get him. 

Interesting Jackson was cut already, I thought he looked pretty good the one time I went out, but i guess maybe he wasn't so good the rest of the days? either that or only so many spots for Import OL and with Hardrick, Bond, Foketi all but surely making the team, they want to look at Kieler a little more

47 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Anyone notice how the rest of the WR are looking?  Raper?  Thorpe?  Thera-Plamondon? Washington?  Sheppard?

Thorpe and Sheppard still out with injuries, I believe. Both have not practiced for the past 4-5 days.

Edited by Doublezero

8 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Alex Suber must really, really love our fans ... the team was 23-40 while he was here.

Good job, fans!

Edited by johnzo

8 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Alex Suber must really, really love our fans ... the team was 23-40 while he was here.

Good job, fans!

I'll always be a Suber fan for the impact he had on my son. Got a chance to thank him and shake his hand last year when he was signing autographs (I think it was with Hefney and Kent) in the tailgate area. You could tell he had mad love for the city, as much as the fans had for him. Glad to hear he was putting in a good word for our organization even if his connection to Okpalaugo was due to their time spent in toronto