Bombers Training Camp 2017 - May 28

Mr Dee

I really look forward to seeing a good amount of time for the battle at qb2, the 2nd string ol (couple years ago that could have been our starting OL quality wise) hope fully lots of touches for the RBs, (would love to see normand get 5+ carries.) and of course the DL play. Soo little talk of the DL this camp. I really hope corney is improving. Plus butcher / ekakitie battle. 

With 1 game done, 1 game to go and few days in between it seems like some of the position battles are still really muddy. 

Poop johnson seems to have really muddied things with his play. I could see us starting Hurl at MLB, johnson at the 2nd DT spot and using butcher/ekakitie to rotate an imp mlb or db in.

Aside form hurl at mlb, knox and temple combined for some good pressure early. Though temple wasnt playing mlb. santos-knox had some good plays too. 

At the final wr spot, lankford seems like he'd be best as a DI to return and sub in. But like mlb it doesnt seem like any one is stepping up to take the job.

It seems like itll be down to the wire, but walters also talked about doing some cuts early to focus reps on the heat of the positional battles. Loved mos talking about every guy having to go into every football activity with the mind set of keeping his job. Cept medlock. But hes a kicker any way. :lol:

The rest of TC should be really intense now. Especially with how mos sounded post game about a tie. He seems to take the tie worse then a loss. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

With 1 game done, 1 game to go and few days in between it seems like some of the position battles are still really muddy. 

Poop johnson seems to have really muddied things with his play. I could see us starting Hurl at MLB, johnson at the 2nd DT spot and using butcher/ekakitie to rotate an imp mlb or db in.

Aside form hurl at mlb, knox and temple combined for some good pressure early. Though temple wasnt playing mlb. santos-knox had some good plays too. 

At the final wr spot, lankford seems like he'd be best as a DI to return and sub in. But like mlb it doesnt seem like any one is stepping up to take the job.

It seems like itll be down to the wire, but walters also talked about doing some cuts early to focus reps on the heat of the positional battles. Loved mos talking about every guy having to go into every football activity with the mind set of keeping his job. Cept medlock. But hes a kicker any way. :lol:

The rest of TC should be really intense now. Especially with how mos sounded post game about a tie. He seems to take the tie worse then a loss. 

That's a lot of roster spots for DT/MLB.  I think Jeffcoat is a guy who ends up on the roster.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That's a lot of roster spots for DT/MLB.  I think Jeffcoat is a guy who ends up on the roster.

Oh i dont think we will carry all those DTs. I should have added jake thomas to that. If poop ends up on the roster, it probably spells the end for one of the three candian DTs. Namely butcher if some one is straight up cut. Maybe some one goes to the PR and some one hides on the IR though. And yeah jeffcoat looks like a keeper too. Some real long nights in store for the coaches, walters etc. 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I think they want Johnson and a Canadian MLB because Johnson is that disruptive.

Impossible to say without the luxury of watching but I'd say Jeffcoat, Liggins, Johnson and Santos-Knox are guys who helped their case last night.

Guys who can collapse the pocket and get after the qb up the middle with regularity are worth their weight in gold. And johnson seems to be that guy. Its what they hope ekakitie and butcher and evolve into. 

3 hours ago, Mike said:

I think they want Johnson and a Canadian MLB because Johnson is that disruptive.

Impossible to say without the luxury of watching but I'd say Jeffcoat, Liggins, Johnson and Santos-Knox are guys who helped their case last night.

Agree with Poop Johnson. 

https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/06/12/bombers-release-11-players/

• International quarterback Austin Apodaca
  • International receiver Darrin Peterson
  • International receiver TJ Lowder
  • International receiver Quinshad Davis
  • International receiver Larry Raper
  • International offensive lineman Kodi Kieler
  • International defensive lineman Lawrence Virgil
  • International defensive lineman Caleb Bostic
  • International linebacker George Stone
  • International defensive back Terrence Frederick
  • International defensive back Tahaan Goodman
Edited by MOBomberFan
Already posted in http://morningbigblue.com/community/topic/10724-3-stars-plus-hh-first-preseason-game-edition/

5 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/06/12/bombers-release-11-players/

• International quarterback Austin Apodaca
  • International receiver Darrin Peterson
  • International receiver TJ Lowder
  • International receiver Quinshad Davis
  • International receiver Larry Raper
  • International offensive lineman Kodi Kieler
  • International defensive lineman Lawrence Virgil
  • International defensive lineman Caleb Bostic
  • International linebacker George Stone
  • International defensive back Terrence Frederick
  • International defensive back Tahaan Goodman

straight up released?... bolded my three surprises (based on reports and history)...

Apodaca - thought he'd stick around on the PR... though that is still an option...
Lowder - I had heard he was having a decent camp... plus a TD in the game...
Frederick - started half (ish) games at field side corner last year... I guess it was his spot to lose... and he did just that...