Bombers Training Camp 2017 - May 28

Mr Dee

17 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Agreed. Willy couldn't get it done on the field but there's nothing to suggest he wasn't a good teammate or was some kind of coward. Pretty sad comment.

if I recall correctly, Willy never was catergorized as a fire in the belly, lead with your voice and actions type guy.   He was always a calm, level headed and a bit soft spoken QB when here..

imo. I could be wrong.

26 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

if I recall correctly, Willy never was catergorized as a fire in the belly, lead with your voice and actions type guy.   He was always a calm, level headed and a bit soft spoken QB when here..

imo. I could be wrong.

I think you're spot on. That's just his personality type, IMO. Very even-keeled with a cool demeanour, both as an individual and a player.

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Drew Willy screamed and yelled with the best of them. You guys slamming him sound like Riders fans, immediately revising the history once he's no longer a member of the team...

Only one person slammed him. And that was addressed accordingly. Sadly, revisionist history is present with every fanbase... :mellow:

Drew Willy carries himself much in the same way Ricky Ray does, IMO. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

41 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Drew Willy screamed and yelled with the best of them. You guys slamming him sound like Riders fans, immediately revising the history once he's no longer a member of the team...

I don't recall those moments.   I always seemed to remember Willy being more calm and not chilled but focused.  (kevin Glennesque but minus the "ho hum, just a game")  he would show some emotion when things didn't go like they hoped/wanted but nothing near Nichols consistent firing up the o-line, receivers, etc etc.  Nothing wrong with that mentality and leadership style either, some players respond better to having a calm sense from their QB, others like the rah rah type.  I don't think Willy was a bad QB leadership wise because he wasn't rah rah either, I just never saw that from him..

again, could have missed it but if he did showcase it, it wasn't often. 

I also don't agree that he would have softly told the rookie to stop.. he would have been direct and made sure he knew that he wasn't happy.  he wasn' a wall flower or a wuss in any way.

5 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Sounds like a fun day at TC today.

I wish we saw this fire early in the first PS game. 

3 hours ago, tracker said:

I would hope that there was some "intensity" at practice today, because there wasn't much of that during a lot of the Rider game on Saturday.  No doubt that was why O'Shea was ticked after the game. 

+1

21 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Bad news is.... this stream is working just fine.

Breaking news - Mike Oshea thinks Darvin Adams, Weston Dressler and Justin Medlock are really really good.

Haven't listened for a long time... but I feel like no one calls into this show anymore