Red zone

27 minutes ago, Stickem said:

'hard to anticipate'...would have been better...........Denny just has a knack to get open....a lot like Dressler..very deceptive

The two are agile and incredibly quick. Makes 'em so fun to watch, IMO. Even more so with Dressler now that he's no longer in the ugliest colour in the CFL.

Edited by blue_gold_84

56 minutes ago, Stickem said:

'hard to anticipate'...would have been better...........Denny just has a knack to get open....a lot like Dressler..very deceptive

Both Denmark and Dressler are winding down the clock, I don't expect either will be with the team two years from now.  It's past-time for the Bombers to find the next big receiver and stick with him until pay-off, they really haven't recruited a good one of their own since Chris Matthews.  Speaking of which where is he now?

7 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Both Denmark and Dressler are winding down the clock, I don't expect either will be with the team two years from now.  It's past-time for the Bombers to find the next big receiver and stick with him until pay-off, they really haven't recruited a good one of their own since Chris Matthews.  Speaking of which where is he now?

Still with the Ravens.

15 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Thought we would have fixed our Red Zone woes last year picking up Gurly, didn't really work out and now he's not even with us.  Hopefully Stafford will have Rod Black calling him the Sticky Staff and he grabs everything tossed his way for the score

...of Gandalf and pine tar

19 hours ago, Sard said:

I find this conversation very interesting considering this tweet yesterday from Derek Taylor:

No question it could be better, but he's ranked right up there in the top 5 for red-zone passing.

Top 5 in a 9 team league where 7 teams make the play offs. + completions in the red zone that still lead to field goal drives isnt success in the red zone. 

Our offense loves 8 yard passes on 2nd and 10 / 2nd and goal from the 10 etc. We dont do great red zone scheming. PA fades, iso in and outs, rub routes, shovel pass etc.

We kicked a ton of fgs last year including lots of short ones. The problem wasnt just red zone production. It was long periods of time where our offense was nearly none existent. Wed stop running the ball for entire quarters, our first drives are constantly weak despite it being the best planned drive of the game. 

On 2017-5-18 at 5:44 PM, Noeller said:

I feel like every single year I've been on Bombers messageboards, the #1 complaint has been redzone production....it goes back to at least the Khari days...

While the offence is out of the red zone the defence will play a little softer. Once they are pushed to the brink they will play substantially better. maybe we have not picked up our game to match.

13 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

I question your source here... this implies some Saskatchewan folk have their high school diploma.

well it's a diploma of sorts....heh heh....I'll let you fill in the blanks...I know a lot of them have gone right through high school....in the front door and out the back..........

On 5/19/2017 at 1:24 PM, 17to85 said:

Yeah there really is something to be said for doing subtle things to keep the defender guessing. Milt used to have a whole pile of tricks he could throw out there to make dbs look silly too. 

My favorite is a few games a year or so he would pretend to pull up lame and hold him hammy wait for the db to move on and break down field.:lol: