Around the League - Training Camp Discussion

6 hours ago, mbrg said:

To be fair, that is pretty complex by Saskatchewan educational standards.  I could see some of their doctoral candidates coming up with "Ride Pride" or "Rider Prider", but "Rider Pride"?  That truly is next level stuff.

Their doctoral candidates should stick to writing their theses on basket weaving. Tweets can be so ambiguous:

Sask. Roughriders ✔ @sskroughriders
Rider Pride: Keeping it in the family since 1910.

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Not good enough for a playoff team but good enough for worst team in the league. Yeah makes sense

LOL. Ya your receivers are better than ours. I get that we are struggling right now. But at receiver, we are as good as anyone and better than most

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah but now your Brainiac wants him as a defensive back.

Jones was asked on the sportscage about Collins taking a few reps. He said Collins approached him and told him he has played some db in the past. Jones threw him in for a few snaps to see what he could do. But don't let this interrupt your blind bashing of Jones. Funny thing is I am very critical of Jones myself, but I still try to stay on point.

Not sure about that..definitely not top teir with Canada pass catchers, sure a couple guys started out strong last year, but tapered off, and lets see if they are not just flash in the pan one hit wonders before we start anointing them best in league and elite.

For every great year Roosevalt/Collins/Holley there has been Carr's/Jeffers Harris..etc..etc...

And even then if your defense can't stop jack, your QB is aging and in decline, a who knows running game and at this point a very suspect O-line teams are gonna just pin ears back and assault your QB  and it won't matter who your receivers are.

7 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Jones was asked on the sportscage about Collins taking a few reps. He said Collins approached him and told him he has played some db in the past. Jones threw him in for a few snaps to see what he could do. But don't let this interrupt your blind bashing of Jones. Funny thing is I am very critical of Jones myself, but I still try to stay on point.

Yeah but Reaves at D-End..Francis at DB and now Linebacker?..seems to be a trend...Jones deserves all the bashing he gets. He walked into a situation in Edm where they won and in no way architected any of that.

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

Not sure about that..definitely not top teir with Canada pass catchers, sure a couple guys started out strong last year, but tapered off, and lets see if they are not just flash in the pan one hit wonders before we start anointing them best in league and elite

For every great year Roosevalt/Collins/Holley there has been Carr's/Jeffers Harris..etc..etc...

And even then if your defense can't stop jack, your QB is aging and in decline, a who knows running game and at this point a very suspect O-line teams are gonna just pin ears back and assault your QB  and it won't matter who your receivers are.

I can see you have trouble following a conversation. I never said our receivers were the best, but they are dam good.  Suspect Oline?  That's a good one too.  Dennis Labatte Clark Dykowski Coleman,  looks good to me

good as anyone pretty much implies the best?...no?

and yeah suspect..Dyakowski is not good anymore..Best?...meh..and who knows if Labatte still has it...has he not been on field lately even?

Pretty sure I follow just fine and other than Sask tell me a team where Best and Dyakowski would start?

4 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I can see you have trouble following a conversation. I never said our receivers were the best, but they are dam good.  Suspect Oline?  That's a good one too.  Dennis Labatte Clark Dykowski Coleman,  looks good to me

I think the Riders have the best group of receivers in the league but I don't think you have anyone who can get them the ball.

That oline would look great 3 to 4 years ago. I'm not certain they can hold up anymore.

5 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Dykowski from 5 years ago is not the same player you have.  Let's see if Labatte can stay healthy long enough to be in the conversation.

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

good as anyone pretty much implies the best?...no?

and yeah suspect..Dyakowski is not good anymore..Best?...meh..and who knows if Labatte still has it...has he not been on field lately even?

Pretty sure I follow just fine and other than Sask tell me a team where Best and Dyakowski would start?

Actually as good as anyone doesn't mean the best, there is a difference. If someone says they are the best then that means they are the front runner and the group to measure others against. I like BC's receivers but feel we are right there with them, not sure about better though.  Chris Best retired. Dykowski may or may or start, it will be between him and St John. Dykowksi likely is the starter in game 1 but not necessarily all year

Kind of hesitant to post this but I will anyway.

I see that Nate/Lyle has promoted Mike to the rank of "professional lemming":

Here's a recent post from a mope named "mike" on the bomber forum mourning big blue.

Oh yeah - Ekakitie - he looked pretty bad today. I don't know if it's just the way he moves, but he looks lazy. His movements seem awkward.

The mope happens to be the head cheese of the bomber fan site - and a professional lemming.

http://forums.cfl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=103688

The Bomber sub-forum used to be OK until Lyle arrived. His constant negativity and repeated reposting of his One Big Idea ('the Bombers are crap') has resulted in just about everybody stopping posting there. Only Lyle and one other person regularly post there anymore (think OurBombers).

Imo, this cfl.ca forum is the perfect place for Lyle. I don't recommend replying to his post; it will only encourage him by giving him the attention he seeks.

Edited by Fred C Dobbs
Oops, meant to quote Mark F's post.