Around the League - Training Camp Discussion

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

LOL. Ya your receivers are better than ours. I get that we are struggling right now. But at receiver, we are as good as anyone and better than most

Nobody said that. You sure love twisting others say and then creating drama from it.

Bottom line: you can have the best receiving corps in the league. It doesn't mean much without two crucial things: an O-line and a QB. The Riders have some INT talent in their receiving corps but it will amount to nothing if the O-line can't do its job and the QB is unable to establish an air attack.

Games aren't won on paper, anyway.

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

Jones was asked on the sportscage about Collins taking a few reps. He said Collins approached him and told him he has played some db in the past. Jones threw him in for a few snaps to see what he could do. But don't let this interrupt your blind bashing of Jones. Funny thing is I am very critical of Jones myself, but I still try to stay on point.

Why do I need to stay on point for the Riders on this forum? Your fans can't even do that on Rider Fans.

1 hour ago, Fred C Dobbs said:

Kind of hesitant to post this but I will anyway.

I see that Nate/Lyle has promoted Mike to the rank of "professional lemming":

http://forums.cfl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=103688

The Bomber sub-forum used to be OK until Lyle arrived. His constant negativity and repeated reposting of his One Big Idea ('the Bombers are crap') has resulted in just about everybody stopping posting there. Only Lyle and one other person regularly post there anymore (think OurBombers).

Imo, this cfl.ca forum is the perfect place for Lyle. I don't recommend replying to his post; it will only encourage him by giving him the attention he seeks.

I'm telling you guys Nate's an absolute coward. If you go over there & call him out he turtles & disappears. Then the other lemmings over there defend him. Just for fun we should mount a counter attack.

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm telling you guys Nate's an absolute coward. If you go over there & call him out he turtles & disappears. Then the other lemmings over there defend him. Just for fun we should mount a counter attack.

On a personal and administrative level, I say no thanks. We as a website want no part of "an attack" on anyone. Especially Nude Morris.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

On a personal and administrative level, I say no thanks. We as a website want no part of "an attack" on anyone. Especially Nude Morris.

But it would be .... so... much... fun. ;) The guy is an asshat. Nate must lurk here so Nate you're a fricking loser.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

40 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

But it would be .... so... much... fun. ;) The guy is an asshat. Nate must lurk here so Nate you're a fricking loser.

You know, I really feel sorry for Morris (Nate).  When you think about it, he seems to have this need to always troll somewhere, somehow, usually concerning the Bombers.  It's more than just sad, it's pathetic really.  Leave him be, would be my advice.

16 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

You know, I really feel sorry for Morris (Nate).  When you think about it, he seems to have this need to always troll somewhere, somehow, usually concerning the Bombers.  It's more than just sad, it's pathetic really.  Leave him be, would be my advice.

I like this advice. I know what you mean but occasionally I don't think it's a bad idea to give it to some deserving individual, right in the kisser. Bye the way, what happened to 55iso? 

23 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

I like this advice. I know what you mean but occasionally I don't think it's a bad idea to give it to some deserving individual, right in the kisser. Bye the way, what happened to 55iso? 

I'd be careful of the phrase "right in the kisser".  You never know when someone might have had an unpleasant experience with Jackie Gleason and we wouldn't want to trigger a reaction.  And ISO is still around I think, he's just disguising his Stampeder love a bit better... 

Brandyn Bartlett supplemental draft goes Thursday at 8 AM EST.

I'm wondering if the Bombers will look at bidding. I kind of feel like he'll go for a higher price tag than we'd be interested in, but I'd be prepared to give up a third rounder for him I think.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'm wondering if the Bombers will look at bidding. I kind of feel like he'll go for a higher price tag than we'd be interested in, but I'd be prepared to give up a third rounder for him I think.

If they have extra shekels to spend I'd prefer they lock up McDuffie.

15 minutes ago, Mike said:

27th overall pick next year? That's sounds reasonable.

But would TO, Sask, Ham, Edm, or Mtl also give up a 3rd rounder or better? That's what we have to 'beat', right?