Around the League - Training Camp Discussion

8 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I didn't think much of Stanzi the other night, he looked to be one of these tall slew-footed-pocket-passer types, decent arm but not mobile enough to cut it in today's CFL.  Huff probably sees something I don't.

I thought he did pretty well for a 3rd stringer. Dickenson and Huffer should know something about QB's, but it looks like a pretty big gamble to me.

You could say that about a lot of Riders Anthony...

More from Anthony...

Missed my daughter graduation, had to un enroll from school, quit my job, left in the middle of a family dinner to come up.

All for them to tell me they werent comfortable cuz I wasn't here long enough..

Ah, Jones...keep 'em going Jonesie

Edited by Mr Dee

13 hours ago, CodyT said:

Dude also provides millions of dollars to charities and is involved in many proactive communities and is actually practicing what he preeches. Not saying it's right or wrong but you have people like ray Lewis who killed someone and he's celebrated as one of the best ever. The hypocrisy is incredible. 

Kaps'  a good dude who used his right as an American citizen to display his freedom of speech.

I understand it's a business, but he's a good qb, certainly good enough to be on an NFL roster. 

Just my 2 cents..

Well, a so called good dude that craps over the people who sacrificed their lives for his freedom to kneel during the National Anthem. If he isn't getting paid millions anymore he won't be as charitable. Is he good enough to be on an NFL roster? Debatable with his diminished skills at the money he'd want.

He brought a storm over his head by doing what he did the way he did it. There's no one to blame but himself. If he's that upset about the way things are in America then he should have ran for public office in November to enact changes that he thinks are important as he would have been elected. Instead he never even bothered to vote. That's when I lost total respect for him. His refusal to vote means that he reneged on his democratic right for change.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Herb Zurkowsky

According to #AlsMTL GM Kavis Reed, negotiations between he and the agent for free-agent QB Josh Freeman have stopped

Further to that...

The Ottawa Redblacks have added former NFL quarterback Josh Freeman to their negotiation list on Saturday, June 17, per sources.

That comes after the 29-year-old was worked out by the Montreal Alouettes on Tuesday and spotted at the Alouettes final pre-season game on Thursday night. The move is a clear attempt by the Redblacks to keep Freeman from signing in Montreal. All’s fair in love, war, and the neg list.

Edited by Mr Dee

I don't know if it was the quality of the resistance that the Riders put up, but the Lions sure as spit looked like a team that was going to challenge the Stamps for first place overall in the league. If this is true, then O'Shea and Walters had better bring their A-game this season because the Esks do not look like pushovers, either.

31 minutes ago, tracker said:

I don't know if it was the quality of the resistance that the Riders put up, but the Lions sure as spit looked like a team that was going to challenge the Stamps for first place overall in the league. If this is true, then O'Shea and Walters had better bring their A-game this season because the Esks do not look like pushovers, either.

Everybody kind of wrote off the Esks & that's not a smart thing to do in a very competitive West Division not counting the Riders.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, a so called good dude that craps over the people who sacrificed their lives for his freedom to kneel during the National Anthem. If he isn't getting paid millions anymore he won't be as charitable. Is he good enough to be on an NFL roster? Debatable with his diminished skills at the money he'd want.

He brought a storm over his head by doing what he did the way he did it. There's no one to blame but himself. If he's that upset about the way things are in America then he should have ran for public office in November to enact changes that he thinks are important as he would have been elected. Instead he never even bothered to vote. That's when I lost total respect for him. His refusal to vote means that he reneged on his democratic right for change.

A matter of perspective I guess, and I know it's a total different ball game in the states. However, I thought the men and women fought for him to have the right to express his opinion however he chooses.

I agree however that he did not promote his cause in the best way. As far as his ability, Pete carrol is on record saying that kap is still a STARTER in this league. So there's that

4 minutes ago, CodyT said:

A matter of perspective I guess, and I know it's a total different ball game in the states. However, I thought the men and women fought for him to have the right to express his opinion however he chooses.

I agree however that he did not promote his cause in the best way. As far as his ability, Pete carrol is on record saying that kap is still a STARTER in this league. So there's that

Don't want to turn this into a Kaepernick thread but look at the guy physically. He's lighter & much thinner than he used to be. He doesn't have the strength he used to have. He seemed to regress as a qb since Harbaugh left & makes wrong decisions with his reads or often seems confused when he played. Carroll won't get rid of Russell Wilson to make him his starter so there's that. If Carroll likes him as much as you say then why not sign him to back up Wilson? That deal was supposed to happen in April but hasn't. The hold up or failure is probably over money & the reluctance to pay Kap what he thinks he deserves as well as the baggage he'd bring with him to the locker room. The other thing if the NFL deems the guy to no longer be an NFL qb for whatever reason then his career is over.

20 minutes ago, CodyT said:

I was just kidding about mcleod and kaepernick, I'm sorry I brought this subject to this section of the forum but since it's still here I will just say

kaepernick said repeatedly he has highest respect for people in the American armed forces, some of whom are his close relatives.

that his protest was completely unrelated to the armed forces. That it was with respect to the killings of black people in the USA. He said this over and over and over again. but it got drowned out by people who distorted what he said, and what he was doing. You can speculate why that is.

Supreme court of usa has ruled in favour of his right to carry out this protest.

The majority of NFL owners care nothing about anything, except their bottom line. They are the A holes in this. blackball Ray Rice, but not Adrian Peterson. cause no video of Peterson.

Kaepernick came within a dropped pass from the five of winning the superbowl.

he's a good NFL level quarterback. His coach Harbbaugh, no slouch, has said so, recently.

Edited by Mark F

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Don't want to turn this into a Kaepernick thread but look at the guy physically. He's lighter & much thinner than he used to be. He doesn't have the strength he used to have. He seemed to regress as a qb since Harbaugh left & makes wrong decisions with his reads or often seems confused when he played. Carroll won't get rid of Russell Wilson to make him his starter so there's that. If Carroll likes him as much as you say then why not sign him to back up Wilson? That deal was supposed to happen in April but hasn't. The hold up or failure is probably over money & the reluctance to pay Kap what he thinks he deserves as well as the baggage he'd bring with him to the locker room. The other thing if the NFL deems the guy to no longer be an NFL qb for whatever reason then his career is over.

I have read that Kaepernick became a vegan about a year ago and since then he has lost both weight and about 20% of his strength. If true, this would make him a lot more vulnerable to being injured and take a lot off his tosses.