Around the League - Training Camp Discussion

1 hour ago, do or die said:

Also read on RF, last week... that Bennett had a stronger arm......than.... Dieter....Brock

:blink:

:lol:

:wacko:

This was based on him tying a combine velocity  record. idk if it was the main nfl combine either. But velocity is a fickle measurement of arm strength. plenty of guys can throw hard at 15 yards and shorter. Real cannons can throw hard deep passes. bennett has a real good arm. imo austin afflacka had a better arm. And neither is up there with the likes of michael bishop. 

16 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Glenn starts. I still think we should have paid him more to stay. Imagine where the Riders would be right now if that happened.

Personally, I like seeing Glenn play, which wouldn't have happened if he was still here.  I especially like seeing him play for the Riders.

18 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Glenn starts. I still think we should have paid him more to stay. Imagine where the Riders would be right now if that happened.

instead of probably being the worst team in the league they could be 0-18:lol: In that case i think they would have paid durant what he wanted. Or sold the farm for franlklin. 

Even in the last game, when Glenn got sacked for the first time, the following play , he started demonstrating his choreography. Over at Riderfans, criticism disguised as confusion and disappointment is beginning to surface. Several posters were even saying that this was what they had expected from Jones. Heresy abounds.

3 minutes ago, tracker said:

Even in the last game, when Glenn got sacked for the first time, the following play , he started demonstrating his choreography. Over at Riderfans, criticism disguised as confusion and disappointment is beginning to surface. Several posters were even saying that this was what they had expected from Jones. Heresy abounds.

I almost feel bad for the guy. Jones pass heavy offense, bottom tier OL, his injury history etc. Not a lot of ways it can go, and none of them are pretty. Teams are gonna be blitzing him none stop.

37 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I almost feel bad for the guy. Jones pass heavy offense, bottom tier OL, his injury history etc. Not a lot of ways it can go, and none of them are pretty. Teams are gonna be blitzing him none stop.

as they should, they have a very suspect OL atm. Labatte fighting injury woes likely means they will play a back up at guard, Clark is a weak center. and Based on camp reports and watching the game yesterday, Dennis looks slow and out of shape.  The short week should lead to them getting gassed and annihilated in Montreal and set us up for some easy pickins (sacks) come canada day as we will be well rested and rarin' to go. Gotta step on the throats of any and all West division rivals any chance we get (east too for that matter)

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

Just now, Taynted_Fayth said:

as they should, they have a very suspect OL atm. Labatte fighting injury woes likely means they will play a back up at guard, Clark is a weak center. and Based on camp reports and watching the game yesterday, Dennis looks slow and out of shape.  The short week should lead to them getting gassed and annihilated in Montreal and set us up for some easy pickins (sacks) come canada day as we will be well rested and rarin' to go. Gotta step on the roats of any and all West division rivals any chance we get (east too for that matter)

Ya. Glenn can beat you if u give him time and weapons. They have weapons. Pressured glenn is prone to bad decisions, on top of injury concerns and that bad ol. Cover 0 all day. 

With calgay up after sask we really gotta come out flyin n establish our self against the riders. Id say glenn lasts under 4 games before hes hurt. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Ya. Glenn can beat you if u give him time and weapons. They have weapons. Pressured glenn is prone to bad decisions, on top of injury concerns and that bad ol. Cover 0 all day. 

With calgay up after sask we really gotta come out flyin n establish our self against the riders. Id say glenn lasts under 4 games before hes hurt. 

I honestly don't think Calgary will be as good as they have been in years past. They will still have a playoff team and will still need a good showing to beat them,  but They just seem a lot more down to earth this year with what they've lost both to FA and Injury so far

5 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Calgary releases National DL Ben D’Aguilar?

D'Aguilar was drafted in the second round, 13th overall by the Stampeders and signed with the team on May 21, 2013.

Feb 1st - CALGARY — The Calgary Stampeders have re-signed national defensive lineman and special-teamer Ben D’Aguilar, the team announced. The four-year veteran had been eligible to become a free agent on Feb. 14.