Around the League - Training Camp Discussion

1 hour ago, Zontar said:

Blimey, , the Jones apologists qb PR offensive is flaming out fast. Even the Bennett hype thread was removed. The whole theory of a quick Jones-led turnaround now rests squarely on Glenn. Fascinating to see the spin on this going forward

You must understand....that The Plan is not merely static.....but flexible and organic.  It can change shape and be proclaimed in a multitude of tongues..... 

Just now, Taynted_Fayth said:

I really hope so. He's got more experience than bridge and williams (or heaps if he ever makes his way back) but from a bomber POV i'd like to have ol limp willy behind the riders center

Willy was/is a good guy but got beaten up too many times and didn't have the ego-strength to rebound.

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Honest to goodness feel AWFUL for DW... Man that sucks. Top of the mountain to the very bottom. 

I got nothing against Willy the person, seemed like a good kid so definitely feel for the guy. But as a football player,  he was given more then enough chances to get his game back in order and it never did, so such is life.  Plus he wears 2 gloves... weirdo

37 minutes ago, do or die said:

You must understand....that The Plan is not merely static.....but flexible and organic.  It can change shape and be proclaimed 

Glenn: backup in the twilight of his career now has to be the saviour of Canadas Team. Unbelievable

Edited by Zontar

47 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Honest to goodness feel AWFUL for DW... Man that sucks. Top of the mountain to the very bottom. 

Bomber QB's have played behind bad lines for years. there was a time when Khari got beat up.  Buck got about a second and a half before he got snowed under. Willy and the horrendous beating he took.

Finally changed that under Walters.

Worth hiring him for that alone. I hated watching those beatings.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, tracker said:

Argos release Drew Willy. No real surprise there.

yeah when they didnt play him the 2nd game of the pre season i think the writing was on the wall. Fajardo takes one big step forward. I wonder if willy goes back to sask...

11 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Bomber QB's have played behind bad lines for years. there was a time when Khari got beat up.  Buck got about a second and a half before he got snowed under. Willy and the horrendous beating he took.

Finally changed that under Walters.

Worth hiring him for that alone. I hated watching those beatings.

QFT. The early days of khari with dave mudge etc was a good line. But I think this OL is the best weve had since idk maybe our last GC?

1 hour ago, tracker said:

Argos release Drew Willy. No real surprise there.

He never was a CFL calibre QB. A few wins early wins in 2015 were all due to defence and special teams scoring.

MOS and Walters arrogantly kept him around. Same arrogance looks to be giving us Hurl at MLB.

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I really hope so. He's got more experience than bridge and williams (or heaps if he ever makes his way back) but from a bomber POV i'd like to have ol limp willy behind the riders center

We have that already with Glenn

5 hours ago, do or die said:

Too bad about Vince....with copious amounts of grooming, coaching, encouragement and time......Riders could of eventually had a fringe #3 QB, there

Nope.  Jones tried that and he still couldn't survive camp

7 minutes ago, Ripper said:

We have that already with Glenn

I wouldn't want either, but there is a faint hope Willy could rebound. He really didn't get much of a chance in TO, or much to work with when he did - I believe they just jettisoned their either receiving core prior to him getting playing time - With glenn tho at 38 I think that dog's learned all the tricks he ever will and the outcome will be pretty predictable