Around the League - Training Camp Discussion

40 minutes ago, Rich said:

http://3downnation.com/2017/06/19/slave-nate-behar-doesnt-sound-happy-esks-offer/

Behar not happy, says he is a slave.  Edmonton has pulled their original offer of 77k off the table.  Apparently league minimum is now on the table with the agent (Hardaway) trying to get him back up to 70k with bonuses.

Having these rookies skip their first training camp is not helping anyone and probably hindering their career development.  I'm wondering when these players will stop hiring Hardaway as their agent.

You would think they would know the guy's reputation for burning bridges. Guess they get suckered in with the promises of big pay days because he's such a hardass and won't let GMs run roughshod over the players. I feel bad for the player but I really love that the Esks are sticking it to that prick of an agent. 

16 minutes ago, tracker said:

Well, if Behar is not welcome in Edmonton, we have an NI O-lineman who initials are Patrick Neufeld who we could trade for him.

did he actually say he feels like a slave?

Might be indulging in some hyperbole there eh wot?

Some of these players need to learn to keep quiet. Whatever he may think, he should keep it to himself.

I'm thinking our coach and gm would  not want this guy, who's already making a fuss, before he plays a down.

Edited by Mark F

10 minutes ago, Mark F said:

did he actually say he feels like a slave?

Might be indulging in some hyperbole there eh wot?

Some of these players need to learn to keep quiet. Whatever he may think, he should keep it to himself.

I'm thinking our coach and gm would  not want this guy, who's already making a fuss, before he plays a down.

Exactly, doesn't sound like a Mike O'Shea type player.

Alright lets try this again.

Willy being cut was no shock, I called it last season. He's a lousy QB who was supremely overrated. The problem with him was always his decision making.. he made bad choices and panicked in the pocket. I have read that this should be attributed to the Bombers O "ruining" him or giving him "shell shock". That's silly imo. He was exposed, not ruined. Two very different things.

Riders will be lucky to win 5 this year, with how competitive the west will be.

Just now, Brandon said:

I heard Derek Taylor on the radio today suggest that the Riders will finish ahead of Winnipeg and Edmonton. The local guys nearly choked on disbelief. 

I guess some people really do drink the green Kool aid.

Don't know where his head was when Taylor said that, but I would be he could see his spleen.

2 minutes ago, tracker said:

Don't know where his head was when Taylor said that, but I would be he could see his spleen.

He was pretty down on Nichols last year when we anointed him starter as well, not sure if his opinion has changed on that but if he thinks a Glenn-led Rider team will win more than the Bombers he must be banking on leprosy striking the locker room.

4 minutes ago, tracker said:

I find this comment by him interesting because he's a big bombers/jets homer. He's extremely statistical/analytical in his work, so knowing his rationale would be helpful. I would wager he has a few statistics and facts up his sleeve that might surprise us.

Edited by Judd

Taylor thinks Saskatchewan's receivers are too much.  There's not really any facts to go on.  Nobody has even played a game. 

IMO they have some pretty big problems.  Their OL is patchwork (being generous) and Glenn has regressed in each successive starting gig from BC to Saskatchewan to Montreal.  Now back to Saskatchewan.  Their defense is lacking impact players aside from Jefferson and relying heavily on guys like Gaydosh and Steele coming off serious injuries, Edem who played his way off two teams, Hecht who has sucked forever.  

I just don't see it.