Around the League - Training Camp Discussion

36 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The whole thing was an exercise in jerking off the rider fan base. Not sure if they figure that Rider fans might not watch if they don't pump sunshine up the Riders asses or if they just want to avoid all the **** talking from that fan base if they do anything but praise the glory of the Riders, but either way I don't think they actually believe that, just trying to placate the Rider fans for what ever reason. 

Obviously the show was recorded earlier this year. Shultz tuned in to some reality last weekend in BC.  The Rider season can go 2 ways; mediocre or disaster. We'll get an inkling tomorrow. How that admin thought they could go into a season without a secondary or a top tier QB is beyond me. Now, Masoli, Tate, Mathews are far fromtop tier QBs at this point, but they aresure better than anything they have right now.

But Jones ego said Vince Young. And here they are.  

Edited by lyin' guy

32 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

Obviously the show was recorded earlier this year. Shultz tuned in to some reality last weekend in BC.  The Rider season can go 2 ways; mediocre or disaster. We'll get an inkling tomorrow. How that admin thought they could go into a season without a secondary or a top tier QB is beyond me. Now, Masoli, Tate, Mathews are far fromtop tier QBs at this point, but they aresure better than anything they have right now.

But Jones ego said Vince Young. And here they are.  

It really does remind me of when the Bombers had Mike Kelly. Being right and proving everyone else wrong is more important than doing the right things for the team. An out of control ego is a dangerous thing. 

On 6/19/2017 at 6:06 PM, tracker said:

Well, if Behar is not welcome in Edmonton, we have an NI O-lineman who initials are Patrick Neufeld who we could trade for him.

For the sake of privacy let's just call him Patrick N.... no, that's too obvious... let's go with P. Neufeld...

23 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Alouettes - The Alouettes added national defensive lineman Don Oramasionwu (Manitoba) to the roster. #AlsMTL

So let me get this straight... the Als sign Donnie O in FA... then release him before camp... only to bring him back after camp??

56 minutes ago, bearpants said:

For the sake of privacy let's just call him Patrick N.... no, that's too obvious... let's go with P. Neufeld...

So let me get this straight... the Als sign Donnie O in FA... then release him before camp... only to bring him back after camp??

And you are saying that the circus is not just in Regina?

16 hours ago, Brandon said:

Taylor cited Owens as a weapon for the Riders..

He also assumed Carter is going to be a perfect teammate. Ha. At the first bit of adversity his athletic fingers will be pointing at everyone except himself.