CFL: 60

Just now, Taynted_Fayth said:

Bauming says the close to $200K in salary between Smith and Waggoner is already spent in restructuring other contracts :(. Hopefully Knox or Temple are the real deal

If O'Shea cannot recognize a good MLB in the making, no one can. Knox didn't take the job away from Bass last year, so it would seem our best hope may be Temple.

10 minutes ago, bryan35 said:

In the off season? 

I don't understand what you mean? "Knox didn't take the job away from Bass last season" sure, but if we rewinded the clock back exactly a year ago toady people would have a hard time believing Matt Nichols not only would be our starting QB but a pretty damn good QB to boot.

30 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I don't understand what you mean? "Knox didn't take the job away from Bass last season" sure, but if we rewinded the clock back exactly a year ago toady people would have a hard time believing Matt Nichols not only would be our starting QB but a pretty damn good QB to boot.

Maybe Knox is better than last year but after only 2 days of training camp that would be hard to determine.

50 minutes ago, Brandon said:

How was the show?

I only listened to the first bit with his chat with Jeff Alfieri (someone close to the als) and his take on whether or not Woods and the bombers would be a fit.  Had to run out tho so i missed his interviews with McManus, Nichols and Harris.  Sounds like it could be a decent show though. Bauming sounds good on air and from what I listened to it was pretty informative.  I think they were also giving away bomber tickets, so if that's something (or other prizes) that occurs weekly, makes it even better.

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

1 hour ago, tracker said:

If O'Shea cannot recognize a good MLB in the making, no one can. Knox didn't take the job away from Bass last year, so it would seem our best hope may be Temple.

Kuale and hurl. Just because some one is great at a position doesnt mean they will coach it or scout other players at it well. Kinda like the great one coaching. 

53 minutes ago, bryan35 said:

In the off season? 

There is no off season in pro sports. Not any more. Its training, study, and work outs. Never know when a switch will go on for a guy or what will cause it. Hope it happens for some one at MLB this year. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Kuale and hurl. Just because some one is great at a position doesnt mean they will coach it or scout other players at it well. Kinda like the great one coaching. 

There is no off season in pro sports. Not any more. Its training, study, and work outs. Never know when a switch will go on for a guy or what will cause it. Hope it happens for some one at MLB this year. 

It's still the off season. Players still have to prove them selves when the season starts.

2 minutes ago, bryan35 said:

It's still the off season. Players still have to prove them selves when the season starts.

Its TC. They have to prove them self now. A bad TC can easily mean no regular season. And in pro sports you really have to prove your self every game. Unless you are the top 1%. 

13 hours ago, tracker said:

Knox was highly touted coming into camp last year... possibly the front runner to win the MLB job... but he got hurt and didn't get a chance to win it (insert Cal Murphy quote here)... 

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

Knox was highly touted coming into camp last year... possibly the front runner to win the MLB job... but he got hurt and didn't get a chance to win it (insert Cal Murphy quote here)... 

In my view, Bass was Ok, but not great. We have had the need for a homicidal middle linebacker for several years, and I sure hope that either Knox (who apparently comes from a hard school) or Temple is it.

14 hours ago, tracker said:

that's a bit of an over simplification. In football generally the biggest thing you need in order to get noticed is opportunity, whether that's from the guy ahead of you getting hurt or playing poorly enough for them to look at the depth behind that person and I honestly don't think Bass had either of those things happen. Or did he get injured? I can't remember. Either way it's not always as easy as simply beating the veteran out of a spot. 

So much better than the Coach's Commercial on CJOB!

Listening to the podcast, 45 min of CFL talk with no commercials! Aside from all the commercials, the Coach's Show is just horrible. It's the same callers calling in with their ideas of the CFL from the 60s. Plus everything the coach says has to be taken with a grain of salt, they never want to give away too much information, so there's really not much to talk about...

I'm looking forward to this new show by Bauming!

33 minutes ago, Dr. Blue said:

So much better than the Coach's Commercial on CJOB!

Listening to the podcast, 45 min of CFL talk with no commercials! Aside from all the commercials, the Coach's Show is just horrible. It's the same callers calling in with their ideas of the CFL from the 60s. Plus everything the coach says has to be taken with a grain of salt, they never want to give away too much information, so there's really not much to talk about...

I'm looking forward to this new show by Bauming!

Where (how) do you find this podcast?