The Phonebooth now known as "Bell MTS Place"

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

As long as Bell is the first name on the building, the Bell True North Centre would have had a nice ring to it. Sorry for the pun.

The clunkiness is the double name - Bell & MTS.  That might change one day.  Bell Place is easier to roll off the tongue.  But I know everyone assumes MTS will disappear but its a lot of money they are spending to change everything from MTS to BellMTS so I think it sticks for awhile.  Hard to blame the corporation.  The money they spend is to advertise their brand.  Although, MTS is a local brand and Bell is a national brand.  So even if BellMTS sticks, they might one day drop MTS from the rink as it generates national advertising.  But I do think Bell is trying to be cognizant of local brand loyalty to MTS.

Whatever. They pay for naming rights so they can name it whatever they want. Don't think anyone here has the right to complain about a name... unless of course you are the ceo of bell mts  paying millions. But you aren't cuz nobody at bell mts is complaining.  

Edited by Goalie