2017 NHL Off Season

Rich

Just now, Atomic said:

The problem is that Lundqvist is under contract for four more years while Raanta will be a UFA after this season and would command a starter's salary or close to it.

No doubt but if the Rangers think they can win now, you would think they would want a solid back-up? Also, Lundqvist has had health issues recently.

fans of the winnipeg jets sez: 

The Jets are likely targeting one of Elliott, Mason, Bernier, Johnson or Condon. A veteran with something to prove and would be agreeable to a short term contract in order to earn a bigger longer contract somewhere in the future.

The Jets are still committed to the young goalies for the future but yes especially for the coming season need experience to help mentor and play 30-40 games or so.

They are not going to sign or trade for a goalie on a long term deal because they will lose either Hellebuyck or Comrie.

While a trade is possible, the Jets won't sacrifice a prospect for a goalie, making a UFA signing much more likely.

The Jets can not sign a UFA until July 1st at the earliest.

2 minutes ago, iHeart said:

fans of the winnipeg jets sez: 

The Jets are likely targeting one of Elliott, Mason, Bernier, Johnson or Condon. A veteran with something to prove and would be agreeable to a short term contract in order to earn a bigger longer contract somewhere in the future.

The Jets are still committed to the young goalies for the future but yes especially for the coming season need experience to help mentor and play 30-40 games or so.

They are not going to sign or trade for a goalie on a long term deal because they will lose either Hellebuyck or Comrie.

While a trade is possible, the Jets won't sacrifice a prospect for a goalie, making a UFA signing much more likely.

The Jets can not sign a UFA until July 1st at the earliest.

Pure hearsay, nothing concrete to suggest bringing in another guy means you have to deal CH or EC.  Long term deal sensible?  I'd think not, but doesn't mean it's not going to happen.

Though, I agree. Signing a FA early July seems the logical route.

I think I'm favour of Steve Mason as our guy.  I still remember him struggling BIG TIME near the end of his tenure in CLB, but that was some time ago.  He's a .918 goalie in the 5 years since. And during that time, Philly's often been the defensive black hole the Jets are. Good fit. 

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

Where was this thinking halfway into last season when it was not working out.

Experience to help mentor is a goalie coach.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

54 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Where was this thinking halfway into last season when it was not working out.

Experience to help mentor is a goalie coach.

Lol. Goalie coach. Please. Hes just there to keep the goalies confidence up. I believe it was @Noeller who said... Jets dont have a goalie problem... They have a team D problem. Its time to realize that. We give up way 2 many quality scoring chances and until that changes it truly doesnt matter who the goalie is. 

17 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Lol. Goalie coach. Please. Hes just there to keep the goalies confidence up. I believe it was @Noeller who said... Jets dont have a goalie problem... They have a team D problem. Its time to realize that. We give up way 2 many quality scoring chances and until that changes it truly doesnt matter who the goalie is. 

Well **** maybe he needs to do a better job of that

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Islanders talking to several teams (not the Jets) amount Hamonic but want 2 first round picks.  Are the Islanders in cap trouble?  Why get rid of a good player & character guy that supposedly they love?

All those teams are canadian besides Tampa. He probably asked to be traded.