2017 NHL Off Season

Rich

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

True but whenever there is a feel good story or feel good comments, there are always people who say "what else is he going to say".  I'd prefer to take it at face value.  He is under no obligation to say anything.  I'd prefer to believe he isnt just lying.  Sometimes players choose the best fit, regardless of money.  Sometimes they have multiple offers with similar money and it comes down to fit, best chance to win, team mates etc.

Either way, he specifically singled our two of our leaders as reasons that positively influenced his decision to come here.

Oh please...you take yourself way too seriously . Chill out a little.?

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I wasn't replying to you. Are we now making blanket statements? You don't want to go down that road. Maybe you should chill 

Yea you were but it was the post before it when you were ranting y did i dare  to question a players motives. Btw already went down the road....but I will be more wary next time.?

33 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Not surprising.

He will get a 2 year deal between 2 and 3 million per season.

Up to Jets to decide the years, 1 or 2 years. 

I wonder if they'll take 2 knowing that he's going in as the 2 (or 1b) goalie and may not get much of chance as the 1 (or 1a) goalie, hurting his negotiations next year?

9 hours ago, bb1 said:

Yea you were but it was the post before it when you were ranting y did i dare  to question a players motives. Btw already went down the road....but I will be more wary next time.?

It's really quite simple. If you make a post questioning motives don't get so upset when someone else reaponds.  This is a discussion forum. Grow up. 

16 hours ago, SPuDS said:

Jussi seems like he could be a good fit here, yup.

If I remember correctly, Jets had interest in Jokinen a few years ago. 

He;s a left wing but known for his prowess at faceoffs (and shoot outs) which would be helpful to the Jets.  I was surprised to see he's only 34 years old.  He scored 11 goals last season in 68 games and 18 the year before.  He might not be a bad veteran on the team.  Could see him taking a lot of defensive zone face offs.

Another name Ive heard people mention is Mike Fisher but I doubt he'd come here if he was going to play another year.

I know Dreger said we're looking for a center but I don't think that's a deal-breaker... if the best player available is primarily a winger I don't see why we wouldn't go for it.

Honestly I'd love to see Thomas Vanek here on a one or two year deal.