2017 NHL Off Season

Rich

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

He's gone.  Jets will get some garbage for him...

Considering what they got for Kane, Chevy would have to try really hard to get garbage for Trouba in a trade.  He's still an RFA after next season so his options are limited to 1) not playing for awhile 2) hoping the Jets get bored of playing the game and trade him 3) he decides that every reason given for wanting a trade before is actually true and since they've been satisfied, he signed a long term contract.

Im betting on 3.

19 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

At least they seem to be taking it seriously.  Im glad to hear Mike Johnson has been ruled out.  I was not a fan.  Nice guy, but Hnidy was really good. 

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

At this point, IMO, it is a matter of "when" Trouba leaves, not "if".  I don't believe the reasons given for his trade request... play time/playing on his off-side.  I just don't think he wants to be here and at some point he will be gone.  Unfortunately.

If so, I hope we get some killer pieces for him, win the cup and he never does.  Just because... haha

Im actually starting to think trouba will sign here long term. I actually think he grew a pair and told daddy to back off. Just his tone in the interview he did and the one chevy did with bobby mac suggests to me he wants to be here. Hes still RFA for a couple years so Jets control him pretty much. Ill say this.. They wont trade him if they'd get nothing back. RFA stud D men get lots in return... Regardless if ppl think he wants out. Problem here is rumors kind of spin out of control.. I believe thats whats happened and he will sign 6 or 7 years in the off season. The fact they spoke about an extension suggests hes willing to sign long term. Right now tho hes had 1 good season.. Have another this year and he will get paid. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Nope. 

The fact he talked openly about an extension suggests the opposite. 

They wont trade him if they got garbage in return. Seriously Chevy mentioned it a week ago talking to Bob from TSN. Trouba will sign long term.. Why does it matter if its now or in the summer...

Edited by Goalie

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

You don't seriously think that. You don't honestly think that the highest valued asset on the market (besides elite 1c that are off the table) would return "garbage".

There's absolutely no way you truly think that

Edited by Judd

4 hours ago, bustamente said:

A winning and successful team sometime's  sways the players feeling about where he plays, example Jets make playoffs and go far Trouba might decide that since he is going to get paid why not play for a team on the rise,  plus Detroit is gonna suck for long time :P

I hope so - would be nice to watch a winning team...

Teams know Trouba wants out of Winnipeg...  maybe there's a crazy bidding war, maybe not

Subban for Weber would probably be our best score - a proven vet just after his best before date

Otherwise, what defencemen get traded for defencemen?  Teams that need D help have no D...  Jets don't need more forwards

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think that top six and maybe top nine is how we start. But wheeler and ehlers might swap at some point 

anyone try the new jerseys?  I'm hearing online chatter that they fit really weird 

how do they look on the players?

Speaking of jerseys...if you have any Amerifriends.

https://www.purehockey.com/product/Winnipeg_Jets_Premier_Jersey_-_Home_Dark/itm/17306-43/?mtx_id=0

As they blow out the old Reebok jerseys, you can get a Jets jersey fully customized for $80 ($50 for a blank jersey), free shipping on orders over $75.

If you sign up for their news letter, you can get an extra $10 off.  

https://www.coolhockey.com/m43/Winnipeg-Jets/index.html?currency=CAD&language=en

Oddly enough when you toggle their prices between US and CAD, they are on par.