2017 NHL Off Season

Rich

To me the key to all the Trouba chatter still remains signing him to a long term extension with us. 

Even if his desire is to play elsewhere, it's in his best interest to sign an extension.  The Jets will get better offers if he's got a 3+ year deal at a reasonable cap hit.

Given the history of Overhardt, and the history of guys who've held out to start a season - I peg chances at him being traded at 70/30 in the next 12 months.

http://www.tsn.ca/leafs-refuse-comment-on-lupul-s-apparent-allegation-1.859457

A Toronto Maple Leafs spokesman said Monday morning the club will not be commenting on an apparent allegation forward Joffrey Lupul made on Instagram Sunday night about his injury status.

Three days after the Maple Leafs announced Lupul failed his training camp physical for the second straight year, the 33-year-old winger appeared to fire back at the assertion on social media.

Lupul posted a photo of himself snowboarding to his verified Instagram account Sunday night, prompting one of his followers to inquire about his supposed failed physical. In response, Lupul wrote, “Haha [sic] failed physical? They cheat, everyone lets them.” He also responded to another comment about when he’d be playing in the NHL again with, “I’m ready…just awaiting the call.”

By 10:30 p.m. on Sunday night the cheating comment had been deleted while the second comment remained. Lupul has yet to respond to multiple attempts to reach him for comment.

Lupul is the second player to make an allegation against the Leafs in the past week. Defenceman Jared Cowen went through a contested buyout with the club in Dec. 2016 over a hip injury after he was acquired as part of the Dion Phaneuf trade earlier than year. Cowen felt he was eventually healthy enough to play, for the Leafs or the AHL’s Marlies, and filed a grievance against Toronto. The buyout was eventually allowed after an arbitrator’s ruling in Dec. 2016.

Now with the Colorado Avalanche, Cowen told BSNDenver.com, “Basically they got me, figured out that I was hurt, they didn’t want to deal with it, and they got rid of me. It was a joke of a process.”

Blues announce F Zach Sanford (dislocated shoulder) out 5-6 months; D Jay Bouwmeester (fractured ankle) to be evaluated in 3 weeks.

Senators forward Colin White underwent surgery this morning for a broken wrist and is expected out 6-8 weeks.

Wild sign captain Mikko Koivu to two-year, $11 million contract extension with a $5.5M AAV.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-flames-arena-proposal-1.4300015

The owners of the Calgary Flames have released details of their offer to the city toward construction of a new hockey arena, saying they were willing to pony up $275 million but no longer plan to pursue it.

"Basically, we were prepared to put $275 million in — we were, we are no longer," Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corp. president Ken King told CBC News Thursday, after over two years of negotiations with the city.

What a gong show.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I haven't been following this story so maybe this has already happened but is the next move for ownership to say we're pulling the Flames out of Calgary if the City doesn't ante up more?