2017 NHL Off Season

Rich

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Maybe when the Jets win a playoff game you Jets fans can talk as much **** about how great your players are. 

You know, your opinions are usually pretty sound and well thought-out. But then you resort to assclown comments like this and come across as a total fanboy.

Scheifele is the more established player at this point in time. I don't see how anyone could objectively say he's inferior to Draisaitl right now.

20 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

You know, your opinions are usually pretty sound and well thought-out. But then you resort to assclown comments like this and come across as a total fanboy.

Scheifele is the more established player at this point in time. I don't see how anyone could objectively say he's inferior to Draisaitl right now.

Especially when he is using such an absurd argument like "Well at Draisaitl's age Scheif wasn't even in the league."  Well I guess that means Sean Couturier is a better player than Scheifele too.

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Arguably the best Draisaitl has ever played was his 2nd season in Edmonton when McDavid was out with his broken collar bone. He was dominant and putting up a ton of points. Then McDavid came back and things slowed down. 

He was great in the playoffs without McDavid too so I don't know where you get Draisaitl stuggles without McDavid. Is it because he didn't rip it up playing 3rd line centre to start the year with Benoit Pouliot and I don't even know who was the RW at the time. Draisaitl did as much for McDavid as the other way around so I wouldn't penalize the guy just because he played well with McDavid, the only other guy who really did that was Patrick Maroon. Lucic and Eberle failed spectacularly to play with McDavid.

plus you are ignoring the other part of the arguement, that at the same age Scheifele wasn't even an NHL regular let alone a #1 centre. Not like he was playing with scrubs this season either. 

Maybe when the Jets win a playoff game you Jets fans can talk as much **** about how great your players are. 

Lolol.. Going to ad hominem, nice. You can't admit that you're obviously wrong and it's hilarious. 

Scheifele has more GOALS, ASSISTS, similar (but slightly better) Shot Generation, slightly better (but again similar) Shot Suppression. Drai DOES do better in faceoffs, though. Can't say being 10% more efficient in that area is that influential though. 

Did it take Scheifele 4 years to get where Drai got in 2 years? Yup!

Does Drai have a higher ceiling than Scheif? Probably!  

Is Drai better now? Absolutely not.

Edited by Judd

18 hours ago, bustamente said:

Oilers will never win the Cup with 30% of their roster making 80% of the salary cap. they are not the Hawks or the Penguins.

Mcdavid+Drai+Nuge+LUCIC** = 33 million! that's INSANE.

They better win the cup while Puljaarvi is on his ELC or else he's getting moved because lucic and RNH are untradeable with those boat anchor contracts. 

1 hour ago, Judd said:

Mcdavid+Drai+Nuge+LUCIC** = 33 million! that's INSANE.

They better win the cup while Puljaarvi is on his ELC or else he's getting moved because lucic and RNH are untradeable with those boat anchor contracts. 

If Eberle can be moved without retention then RNH can be moved without a problem. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

If Eberle can be moved without retention then RNH can be moved without a problem. 

You said RNH is riding shotgun with McJesus this year, right? I wanna see the kid put up 90+......he's still an elite offensive talent, but asking him to concentrate more on defense the last couple of years hindered his stats. If he's all in on offense by playing finisher for 97, he can still put up HUGE points...

16 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

was it a choice of AHL or KHL?  confused by this move.

Yeah that would be the choice.  He's not at the NHL level anymore.... if he ever was.  The money is better in the KHL than the AHL so easy choice for a lot of those fringe guys that have the opportunity to go over there to play.

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

Yeah that would be the choice.  He's not at the NHL level anymore.... if he ever was.  The money is better in the KHL than the AHL so easy choice for a lot of those fringe guys that have the opportunity to go over there to play.

Makes sense. I know so little of Howden, I actually thought he was a prospect lol.