2017 NHL Off Season

Rich

15 minutes ago, iHeart said:

so chances are we'll probably lose Hutch (but I'd rather dump Cormier on the Knights) but then again the last thing I need to do is another twitter fit like after the pens win the cup

Why would Vegas take Hutchinson? Or a career AHLer like Cormier?

I don't know, why are some people here pushing for Comrie to be Helle's backup when he did poorly in preseason last season?

besides do you want to put Pav on the GK's? 

Edit: sorry my bad!!!! how the heck did I get those Comrie and Cormier mixed up? where's my head

Edited by iHeart

3 hours ago, Rich said:

Means nada to me.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

I don't understand.  Why would the Jets ask Toby to waive if they were just going to ask Vegas not to take him?  What's the point?

Get Toby to waive his NMC and Vegas picks Dano. Don't get Toby to waive his NMC and they can pick Myers or Copp.

Just now, iHeart said:

I don't know, why are some people here pushing for Cormier to be Helle's backup when he did poorly in preseason last season?

You mean Comrie (Cormier is a forward). Eric Comrie is not eligible for the expansion draft, so your previous comment makes even less sense now. What does his pre-season play from a year ago have to do with anything, BTW? He's a very young and unproven netminder, so why would you want him gone?

And Pavelec is a UFA. I can't see Vegas signing him off the street as a free agent.

5 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I don't know, why are some people here pushing for Cormier to be Helle's backup when he did poorly in preseason last season?

Pav is a UFA and Will NOT be a member of the Jets or Moose next year. The Jets have moved on and have said so. Hutch wont be picked. He sucks and will backup Comrie on the Moose. 

These are the guys we might lose.. Only 1 guy 

Hutch. Stuart. Enstrom (if he waived) (they wont take him tho) matthias dano or maybe even Copp. 

There is also the possibility we lose a petan or draft pick along with one of those guys in a deal we made where vegas doesnt take enstrom or something. And lol at an enstrom extension. Dont count on it. He was awful last yesr 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I think Vegas will go with Fleury as not only a proven goalie but a vet, then pick another vet and someone young for minors.

Fleury and a young kid makes more sense. Grubauer or someone like that. 2 vet goalies maks no sense at all. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Pav is a UFA and Will NOT be a member of the Jets or Moose next year. The Jets have moved on and have said so. Hutch wont be picked. He sucks and will backup Comrie on the Moose. 

These are the guys we might lose.. Only 1 guy 

Hutch. Stuart. Enstrom (if he waived) (they wont take him tho) matthias dano or maybe even Copp. 

oh so Hutch is getting demoted, know anything else that we don't know? 

it's a shame we'll likely lose one of our D's because I thought Stuart and Enstrom were okay. And Matthias has been a pretty good player despite being injured a couple of times this season.

I thought I heard we would probably lose Myers

2 minutes ago, iHeart said:

Look I fixed the SPELLING error okay sometimes my fast fingers are a curse

can we just let it go?

Well... Its hard to let go when it doesnt make sense. Id recommend you go google the expansion draft and how it works and then come back. 

1 minute ago, iHeart said:

it's a shame we'll likely lose one of our D's because I thought Stuart and Enstrom were okay. And Matthias has been a pretty good player despite being injured a couple of times this season.

I thought I heard we would probably lose Myers

Lol. I just cant anymore. You seriously lack basic knowledge. Google is your friend

Just now, Goalie said:

Well... Its hard to let go when it doesnt make sense. Id recommend you go google the expansion draft and how it works and then come back. 

I think I heard a friend tell me that if a player has only been on a team for like two years or something they are automatically protected. Or something like that

Just now, Goalie said:

Lol. I just cant anymore. You seriously lack basic knowledge. Google is your friend

I do not lack basic knowledge, I am still learning everything NHL related, I'm good with the history just not great with how the trades and salary caps and the rules of draft expansions, I need a good link that isn't like a game or something like the draft lottery simulator

I think I heard a friend tell me that if a player has only been on a team for like two years or something they are automatically protected. Or something like that

Yup. Guys on their Entry Level Contracts (laine ehlers morrissey connor petan COMRIE etc) are all exempt. 

3 minutes ago, iHeart said:

You also need to learn the difference in value between a top 4 D like Myers and scrubs like Matthias stuart etc. 

oh so I guess she got something mixed up because she made it sound like Perreault would be protected or something

If the Jets protect 7 forwards he will be... If they protect 4... Maybe he wont be. It depends on if the go 4 4 1 or 7 3 1 

9 minutes ago, iHeart said:

Nothing is guaranteed but that seems like a logical conclusion. Hellebuyck is better and Cheveldayoff has said he intends to address the goaltending, which seems to indicate he'll do so via trade or free agency. Therefore, it stands to reason Hutchinson will go down to the Moose and back up Comrie.

Stuart wasn't okay. He's a terrible defenseman and his cap hit is absurd. Matthias is alright as a depth piece, but there's no reason whatsoever to protect him.

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Regarding Matthias. It was strongly rumored that when he signed less than a year ago... To a 2 year deal that the reasoning for the 2 yr deal was so he would be eligible for Vegas. Hes not a guy we will be protecting. 

Won't be protected, won't be selected.  Hope he comes to camp healthy next season.