PreSeason Game 1 vs Rider Depth Chart

Jpan85

Just now, tracker said:

Fewer than Glenn after the first hit.

Glenn isn't playing. I'm glad to get some football back. Excited to see the stadium. Haven't sat in our new seats yet.   Looking forward to watching Spooner and Couture on Oline. Davis at qb.  For us, Bennett and Fulwood.  Tull on Dline.  Hope neither team has any serious injuries, and hope any fans making the trip to Regina have a safe trip.

Just now, rebusrankin said:

What's the difference between Dan Lefevour and Brandon Bridge?

Saturday Night Lefevour has won a CFL game as a starter.

Bridge is in a battle to make the team.  I am in the waiting to be impressed category on him. Bridge just hasn't done anything that stands out.  I'd like to see us go with Glenn and Bennett, which we likely will.

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

Glenn isn't playing. I'm glad to get some football back. Excited to see the stadium. Haven't sat in our new seats yet.   Looking forward to watching Spooner and Couture on Oline. Davis at qb.  For us, Bennett and Fulwood.  Tull on Dline.  Hope neither team has any serious injuries, and hope any fans making the trip to Regina have a safe trip.

Your new stadium is beautiful despite all the jokes about it resembling a porcelain fixture and is so much better than the old Taylor/Mosaic Field, but it will take time to develop character and attachment. We will settle for beating up Bennett and Bridge.

1 minute ago, tracker said:

Your new stadium is beautiful despite all the jokes about it resembling a porcelain fixture and is so much better than the old Taylor/Mosaic Field, but it will take time to develop character and attachment. We will settle for beating up Bennett and Bridge.

Looks like 33k will be there. I imagine the crowd won't be that loud as everyone will be just checking things out.  Busing in and out of stadium will be a gong show, parking is issue right now at stadium. Likely will be all year till old stadium is tore down

14 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Bridge is in a battle to make the team.  I am in the waiting to be impressed category on him. Bridge just hasn't done anything that stands out.  I'd like to see us go with Glenn and Bennett, which we likely will.

So you suspect Glenn/Bennett/Young?

Hoping Bennett fares well as it's good for the league to get new exciting blood especially at the QB position.

That being said tho, training camp success going through scripted plays, against the same looks, and schemes under no real duress or urgency is not uncommon.

Throw the lights on, game speed, new schemes to try and solve under fire and when your first option isn't there and you have to think fast and run through a progression is a different game all together.

There was a reason he was 4th spot here and pretty sure that playing no ball all winter and getting no experience at game speed hasn't made him progress to 2nd string status and nipping at the heals of Glenn. I truly think Sask is going to be in a world of trouble if KG struggles or gets hurt, and probably even if he plays at his best. 

The ridernation gushing over Heaps too is laughable as he is even further behind developmentally than anyone they currently have.

Jones should have shelved his ego...come to an agreement with Durant to lead/groom Bennett and another youngster and continued to look for prospects, rather than paying a 3 years older Glenn, and a washed up waste of time in  an experiment in Young, who even if he was somewhat serviceable was a one..maybe two year guy anyway.

37 minutes ago, Booch said:

Hoping Bennett fares well as it's good for the league to get new exciting blood especially at the QB position.

That being said tho, training camp success going through scripted plays, against the same looks, and schemes under no real duress or urgency is not uncommon.

Throw the lights on, game speed, new schemes to try and solve under fire and when your first option isn't there and you have to think fast and run through a progression is a different game all together.

There was a reason he was 4th spot here and pretty sure that playing no ball all winter and getting no experience at game speed hasn't made him progress to 2nd string status and nipping at the heals of Glenn. I truly think Sask is going to be in a world of trouble if KG struggles or gets hurt, and probably even if he plays at his best. 

The ridernation gushing over Heaps too is laughable as he is even further behind developmentally than anyone they currently have.

Jones should have shelved his ego...come to an agreement with Durant to lead/groom Bennett and another youngster and continued to look for prospects, rather than paying a 3 years older Glenn, and a washed up waste of time in  an experiment in Young, who even if he was somewhat serviceable was a one..maybe two year guy anyway.

I think it's funny how brain washed they are on the rider board. They let go of long time legend Darian Durant and brought in Kevin Glenn, NFL wash out Vince Young, and a Bomber PR QB into the fold for the starting position. Bennett is a long term prospect at best, Vince Young has nothing to offer, and we all know what you're getting out of a 38 year old Kevin Glenn. But "keep em coming  Jonsie" ;)

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

I like how they questioned us over there for letting Bennett go, and that we settled for Nichols...and that resulted in numerous "lol's" from the gang there.

If anyone had to settle it was them as Glenn was the only guy left who had any glimmer of hope for winning a few games there.

I have no problem settling for a qb who just came off a 10-3 record as our starter, did more than enough for us to win the West semi last year (defence dropped ball on that one) and has over 3 years worth of starter experience and has won games then too

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

In practice Lefevour and Apocada have been about equal imo, now with the lights lefevour may have the experience factor going for him. I think our depth should be Nichols Davis then Lefevour and Apocada falls to an injury that will sideline him on the IR.

2 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

In practice Lefevour and Apocada have been about equal imo, now with the lights lefevour may have the experience factor going for him. I think our depth should be Nichols Davis then Lefevour and Apocada falls to an injury that will sideline him on the IR.

Lefevour's experience gives him the edge for sure. Jokes aside, he does ok when he doesn't try to do too much. When he thinks he is a pocket passer he fails miserably. When he is a change of pace, making plays with his legs, taking the short passes, he is effective.

Curious to see Langford also. He showed well at times here. I started calling him Clang ford when the ball bounced off him a few times. He may have developed into something good if he had stayed and got more reps. We were so bad at the time and were rotating receivers in and out, it was hard to tell who was good and who wasn't

36 minutes ago, Jaxon said:

Personally cheering for the new Winnipeg boys getting their first looks at CFL speed:

#78 Ricard,  #73 Tachinski,  both will likely return to the Rifles but earned the opportunity to play in the preseason game

Wouldn't it be great if one (or both) of them catches a TD pass. I'd like to say that not even the most delusional Riderfan poster could put a positive spin on that but I think I'd be wrong.