3 stars plus HH first preseason game edition

wbbfan

wasnt exactly the most thrilling game, even for pre season. But its football season gotta take what we can get after this long lay off.

1 fevour / davis. Fevour and davis though really woke the offense up. combined 12/17 178 yards 3 tds 0 picks. 

2 Lankford. Bobbled a return early but then had a td return called back and hauled in one to boot. 4-47 1 td 

3 Santos-knox gets 3rd star. 3 tackls, 1 tfl, 1 FR. filled the gap and stopped the run for no yards twice. Got after the qb once and forced a throw away. 

HH Menard-briere didnt have a great game but his surprise come from behind TD saving tackle was the high light of the night for bob by the sound of it. :lol: 

roberson and flanders look good but i think a good bit of that was OL. Frederick had some good coverage early but gave up the TD. A few bright spots on a kind of meh game even for the preseason. 

Jeffcoat showed some promise. Got after the qb pretty good, sack FF and 3 tackles. 

Apodaca came in and took a shot that really woke up the offense but then couldnt capitalize.

Poop johnson had a FF and a sack too. Butcher collapsed the pocket a couple times and got his hand on a pass as well. 

Edited by wbbfan

Hard to know what to take away from the game, what with having only the radio broadcast, plus it being a pre-season game and all. It does sound like Davis and LeFevour are viable options if Nichols struggles or is injured. The D-line and O-lines sound solid already, the receivers are still work in progress, and the D-backs are, um, questionable at the moment. However, the point of the game was to audition players and a thorough thumping of the Riders would have been icing on the cake.

12 hours ago, wbbfan said:

wasnt exactly the most thrilling game, even for pre season. But its football season gotta take what we can get after this long lay off.

1 fevour / davis. Fevour and davis though really woke the offense up. combined 12/17 178 yards 3 tds 0 picks. 

2 Lankford. Bobbled a return early but then had a td return called back and hauled in one to boot. 4-47 1 td 

3 Santos-knox gets 3rd star. 3 tackls, 1 tfl, 1 FR. filled the gap and stopped the run for no yards twice. Got after the qb once and forced a throw away. 

HH Menard-briere didnt have a great game but his surprise come from behind TD saving tackle was the high light of the night for bob by the sound of it. :lol: 

roberson and flanders look good but i think a good bit of that was OL. Frederick had some good coverage early but gave up the TD. A few bright spots on a kind of meh game even for the preseason. 

Jeffcoat showed some promise. Got after the qb pretty good, sack FF and 3 tackles. 

Apodaca came in and took a shot that really woke up the offense but then couldnt capitalize.

Poop johnson had a FF and a sack too. Butcher collapsed the pocket a couple times and got his hand on a pass as well. 

Were u at the game cuz this is just way 2 detailed for a game that was only on the radio. Unless you were there then your whole post is just nonsense really. Im not trying to be a **** here but truly how can you say any of this when you maybe saw 4 or 5 hilights ? 

Edited by Goalie

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Were u at the game cuz this is just way 2 detailed for a game that was only on the radio. Unless you were there then your whole post is just nonsense really. Im not trying to be a **** here but truly how can you say any of this when you maybe saw 4 or 5 hilights ? 

100% based on what bob irving and doug brown said + who was making plays. 

19 hours ago, Goalie said:

100% disagree. All of what's posted was easily gathered by listening to broadcast/watching twitter. How is it nonsense? I think all of what is posted is what happened.

I wonder if they'll cut anyone before Thursday.

If I had to cut 10 guys right now ... Caleb Bostic, Sam Brown, Trevan Brown, Quinshad Davis, Larry Raper, Frank Renaud, Gerrard Sheppard, Cody Speller, Brian Walker, Kyrie Wilson

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

I wonder if they'll cut anyone before Thursday.

If I had to cut 10 guys right now ... Caleb Bostic, Sam Brown, Trevan Brown, Quinshad Davis, Larry Raper, Frank Renaud, Gerrard Sheppard, Cody Speller, Brian Walker, Kyrie Wilson

No goodman? 

4 hours ago, bearpants said:

Were you at the game? (I'm obviously just assuming you live in Regina)

Season ticket holder yup. Honestly I was surprised how well LeFevour did as well. I still don't think Nichols is the answer and I see him being passed by LeFevour later on. But who knows he could surprise me again (I've never been sold on Nichols). I really do like Davis though. You guys need to keep that kid around.

6 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

Season ticket holder yup. Honestly I was surprised how well LeFevour did as well. I still don't think Nichols is the answer and I see him being passed by LeFevour later on. But who knows he could surprise me again (I've never been sold on Nichols). I really do like Davis though. You guys need to keep that kid around.

I disagree with your assessment of Nichols... but I definitely hope Davis passes him in the next few years... thanks for your input... one of the few people here who actually had eyes on the game!