Bombers cut Apodaca, Frederick and 9 more

Mike

Just now, sweep the leg said:

I'm not that surprised about Frederick. He started strong last year, but wasn't very good after his first few games.

Goodman has to be the least surprising cut. How stupid do you have to be to get kicked out of a preseason game when you're trying to make a team?

Probably stupid enough to dress like this

Image result for tahaan goodman

An interesting assortment of players, some of whom could be considered 'mild' surprises.

I thought Apodaca could have been a keeper and I don't really like cutting a QB before we have another in place, so I'm assuming there is one coming up.

And the release of Terence Frederick, he of two first names, means both CJ Roberts and he have now been replaced..

So, onwards and upwards. Im glad they made these cuts now so that they can focus on nailing the right lineup over the next couple of weeks..

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Wonder if they are waiting on some cuts around the league for a PR QB sort of like what they did with Don Davis.  Based on the numbers some teams have some interesting names could shake loose.

Montreal is the team to watch, with Adams, Harris and Shiltz.

5 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Not really. It's very possible that field corner is the only position in the secondary that will have a new starter this season.

Or Randle just moves back there...  maybe Jones ends up at boundary

6 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Not really. It's very possible that field corner is the only position in the secondary that will have a new starter this season.

I don't think Carmichael is playing corner and I thought Frederick was better than Fogg at that position so hard to tell at this point.

Lot's of unknown names still on the roster, so it's kind of a shock they couldn't find other DB's to cut.

Brandon Alexander

Sam Brown

Chris Greenwood

Robert Porter

Matt Smalley

Darnell Walker

Brian Walker

20 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I don't think Carmichael is playing corner and I thought Frederick was better than Fogg at that position so hard to tell at this point.

Lot's of unknown names still on the roster, so it's kind of a shock they couldn't find other DB's to cut.

Brandon Alexander

Sam Brown

Chris Greenwood

Robert Porter

Matt Smalley

Darnell Walker

Brian Walker

Like last year? cause that's just false.

26 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Brandon Alexander

Sam Brown

Chris Greenwood

Robert Porter

Matt Smalley

Darnell Walker

Brian Walker

Since Apocada was cut so early they'll likely be bringing in a different guy to put on the PR.

22 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I don't think Frederick and Fogg ever played the same position. Heath took Fogg's old spot.

Looked through the depth charts from last year and you are correct.  Frederick only played CB while Fogg was strictly HB last year.