Bombers cut Apodaca, Frederick and 9 more

Mike

10 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Sorry, I should have said I think Frederick was better than Fogg in coverage.  Fogg made a lot of tackles but he also got burned quite often on coverage.

+1 Fogg had some monster plays, but he also regularly got burned and was in chase mode a lot 

1 minute ago, Jaxon said:

I'm surprised by Frederick being in the first round of cuts.   It's not likely that any of these would get a P.R. spot as there are more cuts to be made after this week's game.  

Ya. Hes really the only actual surprise to me. Apodaca also but not really because basically i dont think cutting a 4th string qb is as surprising as cutting a starting DB. 

With that said, the one position the bombers have no problem finding guys is DB. 

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Ya. Hes really the only actual surprise to me. Apodaca also but not really because basically i dont think cutting a 4th string qb is as surprising as cutting a starting DB. 

With that said, the one position the bombers have no problem finding guys is DB. 

Yes, we seem to bring in a new db every year who replaces the previous year's great find. They must like what they see in one of the new guys. 

1 minute ago, Marshall said:

Yes, we seem to bring in a new db every year who replaces the previous year's great find. They must like what they see in one of the new guys. 

A few have apparently stood out. Porter keeps getting mentioned by Tait as does a couple others. 

On TSN last night interviewing 3 GMs Walters said he & MOS frequently have sharp disagreements that takes stuff to repair ... MOS seems very narrow minded tunnel visioned to me .... if you are not next up to bat in his mind you are excluded from his plans .... see Bryan Bennett & U of M QB Yantz a couple years back ... many promises were made to Yantz but he never got to play a single down (and like Apodaca he had the best arm in camp) ... he was better than some of the Cdn QBs we see around the CFL this year. Both Yantz and Apodaca were never given a chance and MOS never planned to give them a chance .... this is a major character flaw with MOS

3 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

On TSN last night interviewing 3 GMs Walters said he & MOS frequently have sharp disagreements that takes stuff to repair ... MOS seems very narrow minded tunnel visioned to me .... if you are not next up to bat in his mind you are excluded from his plans .... see Bryan Bennett & U of M QB Yantz a couple years back ... many promises were made to Yantz but he never got to play a single down (and like Apodaca he had the best arm in camp) ... he was better than some of the Cdn QBs we see around the CFL this year. Both Yantz and Apodaca were never given a chance and MOS never planned to give them a chance .... this is a major character flaw with MOS

You are making a few leaps here.  Walters never said what they disagree about, unless you have some other source, everything you have here is conjecture on what MOS is thinking and what they debate.

He never said it "takes stuff to repair" either.   What I heard is ... they have their discussion / disagreement, a decision is made, and once done, they move on.  Seems more like healthy debate to me.

3 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

These are major accusations coming from a guy who probably never even watched one TC practice and did't watch the game.

7 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

That's a very bizarre interpretation of what he actually said.

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

You are making a few leaps here.  Walters never said what they disagree about, unless you have some other source, everything you have here is conjecture on what MOS is thinking and what they debate.

He never said it "takes stuff to repair" either.   What I heard is ... they have their discussion / disagreement, a decision is made, and once done, they move on.  Seems more like healthy debate to me.

Not a quote but a fact of relationships

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

That's a very bizarre interpretation of what he actually said.

not really ... we all heard the same thing .... MOS in the least lacks certain things and we have seen the fruit of them in his stupid personnel decisions and misguided loyalties ..... MOS maybe a good leader but he can be severely off base and he is not one to be making subtle "adjustments" ... we have seen the flaws in coaching personnel decisions and in player selection sticking with old horses far too long

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Are your legs ok?... I'm a little concerned about all these massive leaps your taking...

legs are working perfectly .... work in a leadership spot for a while and see what "sharp disagreements" accumulate to and what impact they have on a relationship ... the little things add up to big time eventually

2 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

not really ... we all heard the same thing .... MOS in the least lacks certain things and we have seen the fruit of them in his stupid personnel decisions and misguided loyalties ..... MOS maybe a good leader but he can be severely off base and he is not one to be making subtle "adjustments" ... we have seen the flaws in coaching personnel decisions and in player selection sticking with old horses far too long

No. We didn't. I heard nothing even remotely close to what you're suggesting.

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

I ,too, always hoped Yantz would get a shot to make a CFL roster... but it's not like anyone else has signed him since his time here...

After his treatment in Winnipeg he became both disgusted and disillusioned .... hung up his cleats to become an electrician

2 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

legs are working perfectly .... work in a leadership spot for a while and see what "sharp disagreements" accumulate to and what impact they have on a relationship ... the little things add up to big time eventually

I don't doubt your personal acumen... but unless you've actually been in the room with Walters and O'Shea, you have no idea if their "arguments" are actually head-butting or healthy debates... based on everything else we've heard, I would guess they are having healthy debates about every single player that comes through town... which is what I want from a GM and HC...

Just now, bearpants said:

I ,too, always hoped Yantz would get a shot to make a CFL roster... but it's not like anyone else has signed him since his time here...

True - but I'm not really a fan of the 'no one else signed him' argument...   I just could never understand that complete lack of snaps - I think Brohm and Marve were the other guys in camp...

Very fair to start questioning our QB scouting abilities

Just now, bearpants said:

I don't doubt your personal acumen... but unless you've actually been in the room with Walters and O'Shea, you have no idea if their "arguments" are actually head-butting or healthy debates... based on everything else we've heard, I would guess they are having healthy debates about every single player that comes through town... which is what I want from a GM and HC...

I would be concerned if they didn't. We don't need yes-men or cow-towing to the brass in this organization anymore. Like Rich said above, debate, decide, move on. Rinse repeat.