Bombers cut Apodaca, Frederick and 9 more

Mike

14 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

After his treatment in Winnipeg he became both disgusted and disillusioned .... hung up his cleats to become an electrician

Youd think teams would have been beating his doors down to sign him. Peoples  fascination with 4 string qbs is borderline stupidity in this town. Seriously i liked Yantz but lets not pretend he was some cant miss QB... If he was... Somebody else would have given him a chance. 

I mean... Alex Brink and Joey Elliot and countless other failed one point bomber qb saviours were all given chances after being with the bombers... Yantz wasnt. What does that tell you. Your agenda witb MOS is showing once again. Its ironic your pic is that of a monkey seeing as they like to throw their **** around also. 

Edited by Goalie

21 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

legs are working perfectly .... work in a leadership spot for a while and see what "sharp disagreements" accumulate to and what impact they have on a relationship ... the little things add up to big time eventually

This is only true if you lack professionalism and honesty. As someone who has worked in a leadership spot nearly my entire adult life I can tell you that people can disagree sharply and it can be completely healthy and beneficial to their relationship and success. You are describing how 5 year olds might react, not professionals. You will need better than this kind of crap if you hope to re-inforce and sell your anti-MOS agenda.

Edited by gcn11

54 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

On TSN last night interviewing 3 GMs Walters said he & MOS frequently have sharp disagreements that takes stuff to repair ... MOS seems very narrow minded tunnel visioned to me .... if you are not next up to bat in his mind you are excluded from his plans .... see Bryan Bennett & U of M QB Yantz a couple years back ... many promises were made to Yantz but he never got to play a single down (and like Apodaca he had the best arm in camp) ... he was better than some of the Cdn QBs we see around the CFL this year. Both Yantz and Apodaca were never given a chance and MOS never planned to give them a chance .... this is a major character flaw with MOS

Where is Yantz now?  Given how hard it is to find QBs if he was anywhere near the talent your are proclaiming he'd have had endless chances to make rosters.

15 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

This is only true if you lack professionalism and honesty. As someone who has worked in a leadership spot nearly my entire adult life I can tell you that people can disagree sharply and it can be completely healthy and beneficial to their relationship and success. You are describing how 5 year olds might react, not professionals. You will need better than this kind of crap if you hope to re-inforce and sell your anti-MOS agenda.

Great post.  I've worked in a professional environment my entire adult life and disagreement is a fact of life.  It's also a huge opportunity for learning, growth and innovation.

14 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I have also heard Walters say that it can get heated when everyone is in the room discussing what moves they make not just between Walters and O'Shea. They both fight for a guy they like I think that's healthy.

Look at how heated it gets here arguing about players and our jobs don't depend on us being right.

26 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

as a management consultant specializing in organizational health I can say that what you say is occasionally true and it is very good when it can happen that way ... from hard experience I can tell you it is usually the opposite and that wounds linger and sometimes even fester  .... the point I am making is that MOS had a mistaken sense of loyalty and a too narrow perceptual field ... or in other words sometimes he don't see so straight

42 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Youd think teams would have been beating his doors down to sign him. Peoples  fascination with 4 string qbs is borderline stupidity in this town. Seriously i liked Yantz but lets not pretend he was some cant miss QB... If he was... Somebody else would have given him a chance. 

I mean... Alex Brink and Joey Elliot and countless other failed one point bomber qb saviours were all given chances after being with the bombers... Yantz wasnt. What does that tell you. Your agenda witb MOS is showing once again. Its ironic your pic is that of a monkey seeing as they like to throw their **** around also. 

My agenda is simple .... I am actually glad MOS is our coach BUT he often will not be open to possibilities outside of his narrow expectations  .... thats why he kicks an ill advised FG in a playoff game when he had time to move the ball closer

4 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

the point I am making is that MOS had a mistaken sense of loyalty and a too narrow perceptual field

That's just baseless speculation on your part, though. Unless you're privy to what takes place behind closed doors, you can't make statements based on conjecture and pass them off as fact.

Strong personalities will disagree on things and argue about them. I don't think that's necessarily detrimental or unhealthy permitted the parties do so respectfully, which I think is the case with the WFC at this point in time.

24 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I have also heard Walters say that it can get heated when everyone is in the room discussing what moves they make not just between Walters and O'Shea. They both fight for a guy they like I think that's healthy.

From Walters answer it sounded more like his role is to supply the coaches with the personnel and step back, not argue about who gets to stay or go.  Walters is focused on balancing the SMS which is probably something that O'Shea doesn't give a rat's ass about.  Thus the head-butting.

20 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

That's just baseless speculation on your part, though. Unless you're privy to what takes place behind closed doors, you can't make statements based on conjecture and pass them off as fact.

Strong personalities will disagree on things and argue about them. I don't think that's necessarily detrimental or unhealthy permitted the parties do so respectfully, which I think is the case with the WFC at this point in time.

baseless speculation: I don't think so .... see Kuale, Bellefueille and now Richie Hall .... its possibly showing up with Apodaca now who wasn't given a chance to play a down .... I know what i saw of him in practice  (he was very good with a great arm).... I am guessing there was no special character flaw in the man or that he was just too green to be a worthwhile project .... it is most likely that MOS just has no interest in Apo and any reason given for his departure will be self justification and NOT good football reasons

5 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

baseless speculation: I don't think so .... see Kuale, Bellefueille and now Richie Hall .... its possibly showing up with Apodaca now who wasn't given a chance to play a down .... I know what i saw of him in practice  (he was very good with a great arm).... I am guessing there was no special character flaw in the man or that he was just too green to be a worthwhile project .... it is most likely that MOS just has no interest in Apo and any reason given for his departure will be self justification and NOT good football reasons

Of course you don't think so. Not a shocker based on what you've posted in this thread.

Your rationale is flawed and you seem to have a very obvious, negative bias against O'Shea.

What was done in 2014 or 2015 is irrelevant at this point, anyway. And seriously, what would you like him to do about Hall now?

Edited by blue_gold_84

Mike O'Shea also takes into consideration the players compass. Is this team member going to help the squads focus or hurt it? We already know that the coach whacks guys that are jerks, tardy, don't attend physio and other responsibilities. Maybe the behind scenes behaviors is how we got some surprising cuts. 

As an example kuale was a ****, and there have been others. 

Edited by Rod Black

its possibly showing up with Apodaca now who wasn't given a chance to play a down

it is most likely that MOS just has no interest in Apo and any reason given for his departure will be self justification and NOT good football reasons

Yikes! This is terrible stuff.

Apodaca was 2-6 in pass attempts in the game for 15 yards....He played.

Self justification by MOS for this release? 

Even though it's Monday, you're sure not starting off well this week...

13 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

Hello Tuscaloosa, why the name change?

6 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Mike O'Shea also takes into consideration the players compass. Is this team member going to help the squads focus or hurt it? We already know that the coach whacks guys that are jerks, tardy, don't attend physio and other responsibilities. Maybe the behind scenes behaviors is how we got some surprising cuts. 

As an example kuale was a ****, and there have been others. 

Kuale was a surprise cut?  I thought he was a surprise signing...