Bombers cut Apodaca, Frederick and 9 more

Mike

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

Suuuuuure

i will gladly admit to watching a few Ron Jeremy..*ahem* movies in my day but it most definitely was not for the chunky, hairy blob mentioned beforehand. he always seemed to have some very well put together supporting casts..

28 minutes ago, do or die said:

As time went on....the surprise was how long he was able to keep his spot on the field.....

He was the only one that understood's Etch's defence...

'Kay boys - you get the jibjab on the shim sham, I'll shabazz em up the bedonka... woot!'  <claps, jumps in a circle>

Etch leans to Oshea, nodding... 'Shaboodle.' 

Just now, Floyd said:

He was the only one that understood's Etch's defence...

'Kay boys - you get the jibjab on the shim sham, I'll shabazz em up the bedonka... woot!'  <claps, jumps in a circle>

Etch leans to Oshea, nodding... 'Shaboodle.' 

shabazz wasn't a bomber at this point tho..

;)

5 hours ago, BigBlue said:

After his treatment in Winnipeg he became both disgusted and disillusioned .... hung up his cleats to become an electrician

Oh my!  A person who didn't get to live out his dreams as a professional athlete.  I'm sure that this is the first time that sort of thing has ever happened... 

5 hours ago, BigBlue said:

legs are working perfectly .... work in a leadership spot for a while and see what "sharp disagreements" accumulate to and what impact they have on a relationship ... the little things add up to big time eventually

I've worked in leadership for a long time.  If you want people who are prepared to think, people who are prepared to take risks, disagreements are going to happen, guaranteed.  A team that does not have disagreements (sometimes even profound ones) means one of the following is the case:

1- A team full of "yes men".

2- A team where no one gives a flying fig.

3- A team that doesn't actually do anything.

I don't see any of these things applying to the Bombers.

If occasional disagreements impact on relationship, it says way more about the quality of the leader than anything else.

46 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

I've worked in leadership for a long time.  If you want people who are prepared to think, people who are prepared to take risks, disagreements are going to happen, guaranteed.  A team that does not have disagreements (sometimes even profound ones) means one of the following is the case:

1- A team full of "yes men".

2- A team where no one gives a flying fig.

3- A team that doesn't actually do anything.

I don't see any of these things applying to the Bombers.

If occasional disagreements impact on relationship, it says way more about the quality of the leader than anything else.

What you say is true, at least in theory, and I know my theory (I have a masters degree in leadership) but it is also narrow in viewpoint and not always that practical in the real world where things are more often run off competition, fear and envy ... continuous major disagreements amongst senior managers lead to same very dysfunctional things (especially striving), the opposite of organizational health and then they have to be repaired ... thats the difference between academics (and seminar boosts) and solving key organizational problems between very powerful senior managers

2 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

What you say is true, at least in theory, and I know my theory (I have a masters degree in leadership) but it is also narrow in viewpoint and not always that practical in the real world where things are more often run off competition, fear and envy ... continuous major disagreements amongst senior managers lead to same very dysfunctional things (especially striving), the opposite of organizational health and then they have to be repaired ... thats the difference between academics (and seminar boosts) and solving key organizational problems between very powerful senior managers

Well, I don't have a Masters Degree in Leadership.  I have 20+ years experience in leadership, and people seem to think I'm pretty good at what I do (but, hey, what do they know).  I stand by what I said.  Good teams will sometimes have disagreements.  Good leaders work through the issues and make the team better.  When I look at the trio at the top of the Bombers org chart, I see three guys who are smart enough and secure enough that they can disagree without making it personal or without stepping all over each other.  

23 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

A Masters Degree in leadership? And your post is all in one sentence. Come on, your bullshitin' us, right? 

I hope apodaca is PR bound. But maybe they have eyes one some one even better. 

I like frederick, but he is redundant with randle. With fogg, smalley, roc and mo coming back we arent exactly hard up. I could see frederick getting a call from another team. 

33 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Well, I don't have a Masters Degree in Leadership.  I have 20+ years experience in leadership, and people seem to think I'm pretty good at what I do (but, hey, what do they know).  I stand by what I said.  Good teams will sometimes have disagreements.  Good leaders work through the issues and make the team better.  When I look at the trio at the top of the Bombers org chart, I see three guys who are smart enough and secure enough that they can disagree without making it personal or without stepping all over each other.  

And we earn our fees straightening out organizational problems ... our diagnostics measure conflict as one of 7 crucial areas .... respectful disagreement and diverse views is very different than striving

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

I hope apodaca is PR bound. But maybe they have eyes one some one even better. 

I like frederick, but he is redundant with randle. With fogg, smalley, roc and mo coming back we arent exactly hard up. I could see frederick getting a call from another team. 

O'Shea didn't mention that possibility in his interview today, it might come later but it's not on the agenda right now.  None of the reporters seemed to think it was important to ask why Apodaca was cut.

As for Frederick, sounds like he wasn't contributing to ST.  Starting to pick up a buzz about Alexander.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

15 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

And we earn our fees straightening out organizational problems ... our diagnostics measure conflict as one of 7 crucial areas .... respectful disagreement and diverse views is very different than striving

Thanks for ruining my day. I'm gonna lose all kinds of sleep that Michael Oshea hasn't used your diagnostics and superbly refined skill to become a leader. Please post more about leadership. Your explanations are enlightenment to the unwashed. 

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

O'Shea didn't mention that possibility in his interview today, it might come later but it's not on the agenda right now.  None of the reporters seemed to think it was important to ask why Apodaca was cut.

As for Frederick, sounds like he wasn't contributing to ST.  Starting to hear a buzz on Alexander.

I havent gotten to watch it yet. 

That would make sense. This is not a team where you can dog it on STs. Kinda drives me nuts. Nearly every single player in the CFL could be a lifer in the NFL if they committed to playing hard and smart 100% of the time on teams. 

25 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

I've never seen a situation that can't be made better by bringing in consultants.  Works  Every. Single. Time.