Bombers cut Apodaca, Frederick and 9 more

Mike

40 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

O'Shea didn't mention that possibility in his interview today, it might come later but it's not on the agenda right now.  None of the reporters seemed to think it was important to ask why Apodaca was cut.

As for Frederick, sounds like he wasn't contributing to ST.  Starting to pick up a buzz about Alexander.

Right on cue.

“He’s got an all-day motor. That’s one of the things that everybody really likes,” said Bombers head coach Mike O’Shea. “He’s smart and he’ll continue to learn the nuances of the CFL game. We think he can cover, he’s a physical guy, his physical stature (6-2, 195) is good. But I would say the No. 1 thing you know about him when you watch the film is he can run all day. He’s that type of guy that if he’s on the roster you’d think he’d play every special team and have the possibility to start, too, and that doesn’t come around very often.

“You love guys with that kind of motor.”

https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/06/12/training-camp-day-14-second-chance/

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

15 hours ago, CodyT said:

Nobody knows about leadership better than I do. Ask anyone, they will all tell you that Cody J Thonpson *puts index finger up* is the best on leadership.

I've have heard this.  The legendary Cory J.  You should think about consulting.  I know a guy if you're interested.  I'm assuming of course that you can speak on the 7 crucial areas?  I hear that's really important.

I've also heard of the legendary Cody J. He's the one talked about in whispered tones.

Edited by WBBFanWest

From being at the Game Fredrick got beat a couple times bad, the throws were missed but make that a real game and they were big plays. Fogg is back and healthy and Carmichael played better than Fredrick all around. Other guys that were noticeable in a good way were

Lankford: Got open lots, made some very contested catches and moved well after the catch. Also looks good on the return.

Roberson: Will push Flanders, hit the holes hard, has a next gear, has some size, blocked well in protection and returns well. A couple times it was if he beat one guy he was gone.

LeFevour: By far the best looking QB in the game, looked off receivers and hit a couple of really tight window passes

Menard-Briere: has a leg on him, missed a FG but after that settled down

Other news, Butcher is a Giant

4 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

I've have heard this.  The legendary Cory J.  You should think about consulting.  I know a guy if you're interested.  I'm assuming of course that you can speak on the 7 crucial areas?  I hear that's really important.

For the record, I spelt my own last name wrong by accident. I assume one of the crucial areas is spelling

I felt like trying to predict the roster.

QB - Nichols, Davis, Lefevour

RB - Harris, Normand

FB - Miller, Rush

REC - Adams, Dressler, Denmark, Thorpe, Feoli-Gudino, Coates, Yachison

OL - Bryant, Bond, Goossen, Chungh, Hardrick, Couture

DL - Westerman, Nevis, Johnson, Okpalaugo, Jeffcoat, Corney, Thomas, Ekakitie

LB - Wild, Hurl, Leggett, Miles, Briggs, Gauthier, Carmichael

DB - Randle, Alexander, Johnson, Heath, Fogg

S - Loffler, Jones

K - Medlock

LS - Rempel

Two Man Reserve: Flanders, Temple

Practice Roster: Santos-Knox, Williams, Liggins, Foketi, Intzandt, Smalley

Injured: Conteh, Knox, Walker Jr, Sheppard

Cut: Stafford, Lankford, Neufeld, Knox, others who aren't as notable

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

I'm thinking they will keep Roberson around in some capacity, and even could see Flanders as the surprise cut and Roberson on roster due to his return ability

I like Roberson but Flanders is just way too good to cut.  He would start for Saskatchewan IMO and maybe a couple other teams.  He is a legit stud RB and to be honest I feel kinda bad for him being stuck behind Harris.

1 minute ago, Engelwood said:

I still have a feeling that Lankford might sneak in somewhere. Can return, decent size, and caught the ball well after that first bobble. 

What scares me about Lankford is that he had hands problems in Saskatchewan... and first thing he does here is bobble a punt.  I don't see that issue going away.  Could be a decent depth player but that kinda stuff costs games.