Bombers cut Apodaca, Frederick and 9 more

Mike

I have a doctorate in leadership and passed the bar on my third try (it was still open the first two times) and I know why Apodaca was cut.  There was a hue and cry from elderly parents of 80's stoners (still living in their parents' basements) complaining that their sons kept trying to play what they assumed were the opening chords to Genesis's new song. 

Just now, MC said:

I have a doctorate in leadership and passed the bar on my third try (it was still open the first two times) and I know why Apodaca was cut.  There was a hue and cry from elderly parents of 80's stoners (still living in their parents' basements) complaining that their sons kept trying to play what they assumed were the opening chords to Genesis's new song. 

The more culturally appropriate term is "millennial".

29 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Could be a possibility. Seems strange for an unproven rookie QB to decline such an offer, though.

That's odd. A PR QB seems like a given.

Complete speculation, but I'm thinking that "at this time" is the operative phrase here.  I'm betting that they might have someone in mind, and/or are waiting to see who might shake out as cuts happen.  And of course, finding out from whoever they might be interested in, if that person is willing to live on PR wages.   I expect we'll see a 4th QB by the time we're into the first game or two of the regular season.

Just now, WBBFanWest said:

Complete speculation, but I'm thinking that "at this time" is the operative phrase here.  I'm betting that they might have someone in mind, and/or are waiting to see who might shake out as cuts happen.  And of course, finding out from whoever they might be interested in, if that person is willing to live on PR wages.   I expect we'll see a 4th QB by the time we're into the first game or two of the regular season.

Yeah, I agree. I can't see there not being a 4th QB on the roster.

Still sucks. Apodaca seemed to have a lot of raw potential.

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Still going on about a 4th string qb nobody saw play live who was 2 of 6 and skipping passes? Jesus tap dancing Christ.

Not to mention that during the radio broadcast Bob and Doug were basically laughing at how bad he was... Seriously people a strong arm is nice but it takes a hell of a lot more than an arm to be a qb. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Not to mention that during the radio broadcast Bob and Doug were basically laughing at how bad he was... Seriously people a strong arm is nice but it takes a hell of a lot more than an arm to be a qb. 

Makes me question why we brought in such an inexperienced prospect if we weren't willing to put in some measure of time to allow him to improve.  What were we expecting?  That he would actually be quick with his decision-making after throwing the ball 10 times per game in college?  I don't know.  I've been really underwhelmed with our QB scouting since Walters took over.  I don't see the point in bringing in long-shot oddball QBs like Robert Marve and Apodaca.  And clearly we haven't been getting results out of it because none of them have stuck and all our current QBs have come from other teams.

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

....and that can be fully determined in his first appearance with less than a full Q of playing time???  Danny Mac must be an idiot.

3 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Personally, I'm fine with bringing in QB's from other teams.  Could we better at scouting them ourselves?  Maybe, but at the end of the day, how we get them is a lot less important that having them.  Right now, we seem to have 3 decent options.  Don't really care how they first arrived.

Tend to agree.  Yeah it would be nice to have found that diamond in the rough, someone to be groomed and allowed to develop but .. in the here and now .. I have to acknowledge that we *appear* be enjoying some of the best QB depth we've had 'round these parts in a long ... long time.

9 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Personally, I'm fine with bringing in QB's from other teams.  Could we better at scouting them ourselves?  Maybe, but at the end of the day, how we get them is a lot less important that having them.  Right now, we seem to have 3 decent options.  Don't really care how they first arrived.

I don't really care either but I'd prefer we scout good players rather than bad ones.  I guess I'm just crazy that way.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

I agree entirely. I don't really consider him an option to make the team at all.

Sadly, I don't think the coaches agree.

Hopefully Thorpe is healthy and shows enough to push for that rotational receiver/returner role that McDuffie played last year. I am curious to see what Thorpe can do although his durability and conditioning apparently is an issue. Same with Sheppard. Thorpe has a history of foot injuries. And Sheppard keeps getting nicked too.

15 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

....and that can be fully determined in his first appearance with less than a full Q of playing time???  Danny Mac must be an idiot.

You are assuming that Danny Mac had carnal knowledge about every aspect of him. He had some raw measurables that made him an intriguing prospect. It's fairly obvious he did not respond well to the CFL game and that is something you can't know until he gets here.

same can be said for Hamilton..Collaros was brought in, and prior too so was Burris. Who have they really developed into a bonafide star lately.

Montreal...Calvillo was brought in as well, and since?...noting but garbage really, 

Sask, same as us really. Durant was good, but prior to that basically free-agents and cast-offs from other teams. Nothing developed there in recent memory.

Toronto has brought in a lot of talent, but all playing elsewhere now, but that was from previous regime, so we shall see if history repeats and Popp struggles to bring in any talent that sticks and becomes a true starter.

Seems like recently only Calgary and BC has really developed a recruit to become a bonafide starter. Edmonton brought in Reilly, and jury is out on Franklin still...though showing signs

So most teams can say same thing about developing their own QB in house. I don't see it as a big deal to be honest...now if you were constantly having to bring in players everywhere to fill in your roster from other teams rejects, or free agency then I'd be concerned 

Just now, sweep the leg said:

I don't think anybody assumed that...

He was insinuating that McManus knew more about him in what was likely a brief scouting and film session than the Bomber coaches who cut him after watching him for a couple weeks. Perhaps, carnal knowledge is a bit of an exaggeration but my point remains the same.

1 minute ago, gcn11 said:

He was insinuating that McManus knew more about him in what was likely a brief scouting and film session than the Bomber coaches who cut him after watching him for a couple weeks. Perhaps, carnal knowledge is a bit of an exaggeration but my point remains the same.

Isn't McManus supposed to be our QB prospect guru...?  We're bringing in guys after a 'brief scouting and film session'...???

1 minute ago, gcn11 said:

I think you're using it wrong.

Carnal Knowledge

Copulation; the act of a man having sexual relations with a woman.

Penetration is an essential element of sexual intercourse, and there is carnal knowledge if even the slightest penetration of the female by the male organ takes place. It is not required that the hymen be ruptured or the ****** entered