Bombers cut Apodaca, Frederick and 9 more

Mike

I'm actually shocked Barker hasn't been picked up by someone too.

even in a diminished role such as what Paul Jones does...or head of scouting/player development somewhere.  He has supplied a lot of top shelf talent to the CFL and has a pretty vast network of contacts in the U.S

Just now, Floyd said:

Isn't McManus supposed to be our QB prospect guru...?  We're bringing in guys after a 'brief scouting and film session'...???

Who said McManus is our QB prospect guru?  He likely looks at dozens of QBs a year, recommends a handful to Lapo and the offensive staff who are also heavily involved in the decisions in who gets signed.

2 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:
I think you're using it wrong.

Carnal Knowledge

Copulation; the act of a man having sexual relations with a woman.

Penetration is an essential element of sexual intercourse, and there is carnal knowledge if even the slightest penetration of the female by the male organ takes place. It is not required that the hymen be ruptured or the ****** entered

LOL...definitely a gross exaggeration then.....I hope,

Edited by gcn11

10 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

He was insinuating that McManus knew more about him in what was likely a brief scouting and film session than the Bomber coaches who cut him after watching him for a couple weeks. Perhaps, carnal knowledge is a bit of an exaggeration but my point remains the same.

I would assume that McManus puts a fair bit of time and effort into grading and getting to know the QB prospects as he's the team expert and they bring in so few.  Bell cut before camp and Apodaca lasted two weeks, the end results do not reflect positively on his judgement.

3 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Who said McManus is our QB prospect guru?  He likely looks at dozens of QBs a year, recommends a handful to Lapo and the offensive staff who are also heavily involved in the decisions in who gets signed.

It was fairly widespread opinion that McManus was a great addition because of his exp as CFL QB and that this should translate to helping us find develop QBs...  he was given a lot of credit for scouting Drew Willy...

That and he is the Director of US Scouting and quarterback is the most important position on the team...  he's not skimming video and then passing all the real work onto the OC.

Just now, Nash00 said:

It is kind of funny how we cut a starter from last year's defense and all we can talk about is the 4th stringer who got cut after throwing 6 passes.

It's almost like the fan base is ready for the season to start.

Or the fanbase has truly finally lost their collective minds. 

4 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I would assume that McManus puts a fair bit of time and effort into grading and getting to know the QB prospects as he's the team expert and they bring in so few.  Bell cut before camp and Apodaca lasted two weeks, the end results do not reflect positively on his judgement.

Based on what?  I've never heard any reference from the Bombers that finding QB's is McManus' job.

You declaring something does not make it so.

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

It was fairly widespread opinion that McManus was a great addition because of his exp as CFL QB and that this should translate to helping us find develop QBs...  he was given a lot of credit for scouting Drew Willy...

That and he is the Director of US Scouting and quarterback is the most important position on the team...  he's not skimming video and then passing all the real work onto the OC.

Wiilly isnt the best example. I actually thought he was given credit for finding CJ Gable... Running Back. 

3 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Based on what?  I've never heard any reference from the Bombers that finding QB's is McManus' job.

You declaring something does not make it so.

So what exactly does the Director of US Scouting do?  Besides find very average receivers...

I just remember McManus talking about how he'd talked to Danny Barrett about Willy

6 minutes ago, Floyd said:

So what exactly does the Director of US Scouting do?  Besides find very average receivers...

I just remember McManus talking about how he'd talked to Danny Barrett about Willy

Brings in average linebackers, average defensive linemen, average runningbacks... but hey they can scout the hell out of defensive backs.  Better than nothing I suppose.

51 minutes ago, Booch said:

same can be said for Hamilton..Collaros was brought in, and prior too so was Burris. Who have they really developed into a bonafide star lately.

Montreal...Calvillo was brought in as well, and since?...noting but garbage really, 

Sask, same as us really. Durant was good, but prior to that basically free-agents and cast-offs from other teams. Nothing developed there in recent memory.

Toronto has brought in a lot of talent, but all playing elsewhere now, but that was from previous regime, so we shall see if history repeats and Popp struggles to bring in any talent that sticks and becomes a true starter.

Seems like recently only Calgary and BC has really developed a recruit to become a bonafide starter. Edmonton brought in Reilly, and jury is out on Franklin still...though showing signs

So most teams can say same thing about developing their own QB in house. I don't see it as a big deal to be honest...now if you were constantly having to bring in players everywhere to fill in your roster from other teams rejects, or free agency then I'd be concerned 

Reilly was actually brought into the league by BC (with them from 2010-2012.

Just now, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

LOL he spends most of the interview talking about himself.

True...  but the whole scouting Apodaca and Bell for 'years' is a bit scary they didn't even survive TC

Scouted Bethel-Thompson, Bennett...  seems to be a disconnect between coaches and scouts

16 minutes ago, Floyd said:

True...  but the whole scouting Apodaca and Bell for 'years' is a bit scary they didn't even survive TC

Scouted Bethel-Thompson, Bennett...  seems to be a disconnect between coaches and scouts

Or maybe these qbs they bring in just arent very good and you are one of the many on here who get a boner because a guy can throw a ball far. I mean you are acting like you actually saw him play and he lit stuff up. Dont worry tho... Another prospect who nobody has heard of will be brought in and you and others will start verbally jerking him off without seeing him do sweet eff all also and he will be let go and you will once again have some sort of mental breakdown over yet another cut 4th stringer. 

Edited by Goalie