Bombers cut Apodaca, Frederick and 9 more

Mike

9 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Kellys team was 1 win away from making the playoffs. Burkes team? Did they win 5 games? I feel ppl misremeber that kelly team a bit because their judgment or memory only remembers the bad. 

The 2009 Blue Bombers finished 7-11 and missed the playoffs, ultimately getting destroyed at home in that season finale game. That season was mired by issues on and off the field, despite what good there might have been.

Obviously, the '09 team was better than the '13 team. I don't see what's accomplished by comparing piles of garbage, though.

6 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

that's quite a judgment and untrue .... I just will pick certain issues and stick with them until addressed .... I am upbeat on the Blue this year as most .... this is the best team and the best hope we have had since the Milt Steagall days ... I like MOS's leadership but he has flaws that are not minor and may cost us the championship this year or next .... I have lived and died by the Bombers since 1961 when I wasn't old enough to read the newspaper .... I love the Bombers and everything CFL (and in the last 15 years the New England Patriots)

Its far easier to label someone a Negatron than to have a fair and open discussion about the issues of the moment

You confuse Bomber loyalty with conformity and party line .... why do you think Kyle Walters has sharp disagreements with MOS .... do you put him in your  Negatron category too?

You seem as unreasoned as a babbling Democrat waving the Hillary flag mindlessly uttering party propaganda

I mean there's a difference between having an opinion and just making stuff up.

Sharp disagreements? I don't think I've heard that anywhere? The GM and Head Coach have very different jobs and when they cross there have to be some disagreements.

5 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The 2009 Blue Bombers finished 7-11 and missed the playoffs, ultimately getting destroyed at home in that season finale game. That season was mired by issues on and off the field, despite what good there might have been.

Obviously, the '09 team was better than the '13 team. I don't see what's accomplished by comparing piles of garbage, though.

The infamous boat game. I was there. I just think kelly was a better coach than burke. 

14 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

that's quite a judgment and untrue .... I just will pick certain issues and stick with them until addressed .... I am upbeat on the Blue this year as most .... this is the best team and the best hope we have had since the Milt Steagall days ... I like MOS's leadership but he has flaws that are not minor and may cost us the championship this year or next .... I have lived and died by the Bombers since 1961 when I wasn't old enough to read the newspaper .... I love the Bombers and everything CFL (and in the last 15 years the New England Patriots)

Its far easier to label someone a Negatron than to have a fair and open discussion about the issues of the moment

You confuse Bomber loyalty with conformity and party line .... why do you think Kyle Walters has sharp disagreements with MOS .... do you put him in your  Negatron category too?

You seem as unreasoned as a babbling Democrat waving the Hillary flag mindlessly uttering party propaganda

Too much effort man. Whats with the political talk tho. Im Canadian and dont really give a crap about hillary or trump or whoever. 

As for walters and oshea... Its pretty normal for people to disagree on things. Im not really sure what your point is other than to stir the pot. 

45 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

You aren't discussing football.  You've developed some goofy narrative about O'Shea that you have no facts to support and you keep dropping it in every thread.  Most reasonable forums would have banned you already for disrupting every actual discussion happening on the site.  

Anyways, I'm ignoring you now.

Mike Kelly the coach was a hell of a lot better than Mike Kelly the GM. If he'd just been hired to be the head coach and had a good Gm with him we might remember his time here entirely differently, but as it stood Kelly was so determined to micro manage everything he ended up not doing anything well, but at least he got the players to play for him. Tim Burke on the other had is the worst head coach I have ever seen this team have. Teams under him were an entirely gutless collection of players simply going through the motions. The most embarrassing football team I have ever seen.

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

That's the bottom line...? That's like comparing two dumpster fires and debating on which one burns hotter. :huh:

A dumpster fire is a dumpster fire. The only difference is Burke didn't make personnel decisions like Kelly did. 

The difference between Kelly and Burke was that Kelly sort of knew the game but was arrogant, condescending and abrasive whereas Burke was totally clueless and right from day one had the attitude of someone waiting for the guillotine.

Kelly knowing the game????  That was his biggest downfall... that Offense at the beginning was terrible.  

Burke's issue was that he was not a leader and the guys did not give a **** at all. 

Kelly also had the database and they brought in much better talent....

Just now, Brandon said:

Kelly knowing the game????  That was his biggest downfall... that Offense at the beginning was terrible.  

Burke's issue was that he was not a leader and the guys did not give a **** at all. 

I'm gonna argue that one. Kelly had crap for quarterbacks which led to a terrible offence but he treated fans and media with contempt. Burke was just utterly clueless and he knew it.

1 minute ago, tracker said:

I'm gonna argue that one. Kelly had crap for quarterbacks which led to a terrible offence but he treated fans and media with contempt. Burke was just utterly clueless and he knew it.

Because he cut everyone and brought in his own picks at qb. He has no one to blame for his qb situation but himself. He coulda had Kevin Glenn who isn't great but certainly wasn't crap at the time. Never mind that the guy he hand picked quickly got thrown under the bus and they had to resort to huck it, chuck it Michael Bishop to just throw prayers up and hope for the best. 

Kelly was brutal as a GM. As a coach he might have been able to make something work, but it was the way he managed the roster that ultimately torpedoed the team. 

I am also going to disagree with a previous post that Kelly had better talent. Mack brought in better players, he just hired poor coaches. 

51 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I really feel like the Tim Burke from 2012 and 2013 are different guys...  I feel like Mack sucked the life out of him

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Or was it just a case of a guy is a very good coordinator but not qualified to be a head coach. Lots of examples of that

Yeah, but he was a decent coach in 2012 - as long as Joey Elliott was our starting QB anyway...

Its entirely possible the Mack didn't consult with him at all with off-season personnel decisions - bizarre but sadly plausible.

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

Yeah, but he was a decent coach in 2012 - as long as Joey Elliott was our starting QB anyway...

Its entirely possible the Mack didn't consult with him at all with off-season personnel decisions - bizarre but sadly plausible.

Game one: We lose 52-0 on Labour Day.

Game Two: We lose 25-24 at home to the Riders after he punts instead of kicking a fg to put us up 5.

Game Three: We lose 44-3 to Calgary

Game Four: Win over Hamilton

Game Five: Loss to Toronto by 19

Game Six: Win over the Als.

Game 7: Lose to Calgary

Game 8: We beat Toronto

Game 9: Lose to Hamilton

Game 10: Win over the Als

4-6 record. Outscored 287-200 over almost 9 points a game. In what world is that decent?

21 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Game one: We lose 52-0 on Labour Day.

Game Two: We lose 25-24 at home to the Riders after he punts instead of kicking a fg to put us up 5.

Game Three: We lose 44-3 to Calgary

Game Four: Win over Hamilton

Game Five: Loss to Toronto by 19

Game Six: Win over the Als.

Game 7: Lose to Calgary

Game 8: We beat Toronto

Game 9: Lose to Hamilton

Game 10: Win over the Als

4-6 record. Outscored 287-200 over almost 9 points a game. In what world is that decent?

in bomberland. 

Edited by Floyd

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

I just think kelly was a better coach than burke. 

You're quite probably right but mainly because although Burke was an excellent DC, he turned out to be the pits as a head coach.

I find it difficult to come to a conclusion about how good a coach Kelly was. After all he did have Rick Campbell and Mark Nelson as his coordinators and they're now sporting shiny new Grey Cup rings. I can't help but wonder how much the Bomber wins that year were due to their contributions.

5 hours ago, tracker said:

Lefors was good... The scheme was awful.

Forget not he said shotgun was for Pee-wee football and loved the jet formation.

The only reason Bishop had success was because they dumbed the playbook down.

Edited by Brandon